1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number plate help

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by sportracer07, Aug 22, 2018.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey guys im going to try to get my license at road atlanta on 9/8/19 and i have a few questions. I am confused about number plate placement, i ride an 02 ZX6r so my numbers are on the top of the tail section. I read in the rules that it must be on the bottom also. Do i need it on the lower fairing to, or is on top of the tail and front good enough? Second is do i need to pre register to sign up for the race school? I cant get anyone to return my emails,so maybe you guys can help me out.. Im going to be running vintage v8 so if anybody wants to stop and say hi, ill be on a green, black and white bike with matching leathers.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lower fairing as well although for your first weekend we'll work with you. The problem with the plat on top of the rear is no one can see it unless they're on the outside of a corner which rules out most of the corner workers and officials on the straights. No pre entry for the school, just handle all the paperwork at registration Saturday morning at 7am.

See you there and if you have any questions just yell on here or email me at [email protected]

redhawkmoto likes this.
  3. sportracer07

Ok thank you Mongo, ill try to find time to paint the lower fairing. And thank you for clearing up the registration confusion, I onlyneed to bring drivers licesne right?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, that will work.

5. sportracer07

One more thing,so sorry to bother you. So will i get my license saturday, then be allowed to race sunday, I assume they will assign me a number? Last question sorry lol

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll give you a temp number easy to make out of tape for the weekend then once the boss processes your license she'll assign your permanent number.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Oh, and get in line early. Like 6:30, bring a chair. If you end up having 50 people ahead of you, it can be tricky to get everything else shuffled. ;)

@sportracer07

More relevant if there’s a school going on or if you’re practice group 1