1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number plate background

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by sportracer07, Oct 12, 2018.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey guys im new to running the Vintage series, im running the V8 middle and heavyweight classes. Im novice of course but i was told i could run yellow or white backgrounds. Im clear on that but im wondering that if i run the white plates and decide i want to enter the regular 600cc class occasionally , can i do that with white plates or would i be confined to only vintage classes. Having my bike repainted and need to know what color to tell the painter lol.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Do them yellow. You must "earn" white plates. Besides,it will also avoid any issues if you decide to do a modern class. My 2 cents.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Does not matter for vintage... but yellow would be best if you want to run other classes and your not an expert

Wheel Bearing and VFR#52 like this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You might be a novice racer now, but if you plan on racing the next few years, maybe get white painted number plates and put yellow number plate stickers over top. If you do enough races and do well enough next year, you won’t be stuck with painted yellow plates on your bike.

Of course you have to race in the Novice specific classes (CSS, BSS, CSB, etc) to get bumped to expert.

5. sportracer07

Well i decided to let my painter do whatever he wanted, since he is sponsoring me and paying for all the paint and bodywork. Looks awesome but i have white plates now grrrr. From what i understand that will be fine in Vintage classes. But does it cause a problem in practice? Im sure ill still go out with my group but dnt want to get stopped by the officials thinking im in the wrong group? I dont want to cause any issues. Im not new to racing at all, but i am new to Wera. Trying to make friends here not enemies lol. Should i piss off my painter and make him redo it all??

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you get stickers at Tech based on what classes you registered for.
    The numbers plates are for corner workers to ID you should the need arise. :D
    Scoring is done via transponder.
    If you do enter modern classes... you will have to have an adequate yella background for your 6" numbers.

7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Nah, easiest thing to do would just get yellow number plates with your race number already printed on them and just put them over the painted plates. That way when you get bumped all ya gotta do is peel off the vinyl plates.

John Branch likes this.
  8. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Don’t piss off your painter! Screw what other people think!:cool:

9. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

This^. Drippen Wet, Popshadow and others can print you some yellow plates

10. sportracer07

Thanks guys, i picked up my bodywork tday, I had only seen pics of it,not in person. The white plates are actually stickers that he designed and had a local sign shop make, and he paid for, so i cant bring myself to tell him there the wrong color lol. And they look friggin awesome in my opinion lol. I believe if i decide to run in current classes ill just throw some yellow tape of the white backgrounds and go that route. I just hope he paints my wheels the right color now lol...

11. Hardluck700

Hardluck700 Well-Known Member

Post some pictures. Let’s see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. sportracer07

Don't have it together yet, give me a few days and ill post some up..

13. Hardluck700

Hardluck700 Well-Known Member

I had no idea that white was for experts. Had some number decals made because the TD organizer required numbers. I feel a little foolish having picked a white background, not knowing it was an expert designation. It was for fun. Changing to yellow on my new fairings. Oh well. Noob mistake. No racing for me. I don’t know the code...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, it happens. You will get stopped every time you go out for practice and you will need yellow if you run a modern class.

15. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

I’m working on some yellow background stickers for my new bikes
    AHRMA wants a white background for Next Gen 1&2, so I need to cover over with yellow background for WERA

16. sportracer07

Mongo, if i get stopped going out for practice, do i just tell them im running Vintage V8 class,?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator