1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice vs Expert movement questions

Discussion in 'General' started by GSXR600, Jul 27, 2005.

1. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

I wonder you guys take on this one.

Say a racer ran novice in another racing club, won some races and some championships and was suppose to move up to expert.

But decided to move over to another club to race novice another year for the higher finishes etc.

So if someone did this.......is it against the rule book to do? Or just un racer ethics.

It aint me, im not that good:rolleyes:

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

do a search on "sandbaggers" and you'll find out what people think

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

4. GSXR600

Well i understand "sandbagging" but just not the case that i outlined.

As in moving from one club to the next to keep the novice status.

I "think" i know of a person doing this who even races expert in AMA and novice in another club.

Is this against the rulebook? Or just rather asshole like?

5. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

sounds like this guy in question needs to grow a set of balls! :D

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

This has been gone over time and time again. Besides if you want to start a thread like this then have the balls to name the person and be done with it.

7. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

It's not like people won't be able to verify that they are doing that. I've seen it in the past. Probably see it in the future. Definately a sandbagging POS. So nmae them so we can damn them to the BBS hell!!!!

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Its classic sandbagging. Jump orgs for a year and you can go back to the first one as a novice again too.

9. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

From what I've heard (I'm a slow novice) It takes $ too to go expert, maybe the guy just doesn't have the cash?

10. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

agree with Strick on this one. How the hell do you run novice in one org but run AMA? I suppose your talkin like AMA SS or FX?

11. BellsHonda

BellsHonda Well-Known Member

Give'em hell Derek, :D

Good race at Mid-O

This is completely wrong in my opinion. Going expert doesn't cost any more and actually opens up contingency opportunity (cash) from the manufacturers which isn't available to novices.

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I agree with you............but look at it this way, for the 3,4, or 5 year novice they may or may not be getting the tire money, and other contingencies that help the cost.

13. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

This is completely wrong in my opinion. Going expert doesn't cost any more and actually opens up contingency opportunity (cash) from the manufacturers which isn't available to novices. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just asking! see the ? mark?:D

14. BellsHonda

BellsHonda Well-Known Member

I see your point, I just never felt safe on the track with 60 C-superstock novices at one time. I think turning expert after only one year helped me more than 4-5 years as a novice would have.

I guess it all depends on what you want out of the sport. I know what most of my abilities are and I still cleared over 6K in Suzuki money last year with the SV1000 alone. Just imagine if I were any good :D

15. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

And I see your point:D

16. GSXR600

Let me do my research and make sure this "is" the person and not two guys with the same name. Lord knows i run into that with my name being its very common. I don't want to slander anyone by mistake. Buddy of mine and I were just talking and he noticed the name and recognized it. Money is not an issue for this person either. Yes the AMA event they run is not SB.

As for balling up and bringing up the name. Don't see what my balls have anything to do with it....but to each his own. Just want to make sure the facts are right on my end before i go bash a fellow racer.

17. Teacher

Teacher LWT #624

I think that's very respectable. :up:

18. CrazyR6man

CrazyR6man Well-Known Member

I can think of a person right off the top of my head that is doing the exact thing right now. Won champs at CCS.. now racing as a Wera novice:tut:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As long as we would have bumped them to expert per our criteria they can get bumped now - if we know who they are. There have been riders bumped with other orgs that we would not have bumped up so we allow them to stay Novice, those are rare exceptions though.

20. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Well, I'm a backmarker so the "who should be novice/expert" thing doesn't affect me directly.

But I'll tell you who I respect on track. When I see guys like Skip Salenius and Mark Brereton running nose to tail all race with their white plates like they did at Tally last time it really inspires me.

Just one fat man's opinion.