1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not george Z again

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sideshow, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Page not found

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He will eventually go down like OJ.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don't think George is a golfer... :D

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Well, he did score a hole in one.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He's already received one mulligan.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

He probably feels untouchable at this point, OR people are taking every chance they have to throw him under the bus.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Probably a little of both.

9. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

Reporters who writes things like this really bother me because their word choice. It's a thinly veiled attempt to show him as guilty for something he was found not to be. It should have read "...acquitted in July for the killing of teenager TM."

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, he was acquitted of the murder of Trayvon Martin, as that is what he was charged with.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not to mention that the guy's life has got to be a complete mess. He can't go out in public. His wife is divorcing him. He's probably suffering from some sort of PTSD. His career aspirations are destroyed. He owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees and other expenses. Etc, etc, etc.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you're both right and wrong. There was never a question as to whether or not he killed Martin. So he wasn't acquitted "for the killing…"
    But I think the guy should have said he was acquitted "in the murder trial…" By leaving the word "trial" out, he made it sound like the murder was a fact.

13. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

Yeah, my issue is that the definition of murder is "the crime of unlawfully killing a person..." and therefore it wasn't murder since he was acquitted. I agree with you, had he said "murder trial" then I wouldn't have issue with it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that you're pretty close to being right. In fact, I think it's the media that's throwing him under the bus. His name, and face, are infamous so everything that he does in public are watched with gleeful anticipation of another story to publish. Remember the traffic stop here in Texas? There's no way in hell that that should have warranted a national story. He's just going to have to disappear to some other country for a few years in order to be left alone.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just because he was acquitted doesn't mean it wasn't murder; only that the state didnt meet the burden of proof necessary to convict.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

For a white guy he sure does seem to get into a lot of trouble. :D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Media wasn't present when he was acting stupid. They didn't make him do anything.

Edit: that was about what Orvis said.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Agreed, but I don't think the media should decide that someone committed murder when the justice system could not determine that.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

True, but how many other black kids were shot and killed around the same time Martin was, and how much do you know about the current happenings in the lives of the people who did the shooting?
    How many of the shooters can the average person name off the top of their head?
    You can't just discount the part that the media played in the whole Zimmerman story. Or the part that they are still playing.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you keep getting booked by police because of the things you do, maybe the media will focus on you, maybe they won't.

If you never cause any trouble, they won't. No matter what your skin color is.