1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a fan of Bill Maher in the least, buuuut....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm going to need some citations for this...

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fresh food is far more expensive and also doesn’t keep as long so waste also increases. It’s healthier but far from being cheap. Plus your shopping trips about triple to keep up the fresh.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You grew Brussel Sprouts?

And people here till talk to you?..... (They may think it's infectious!)

:D

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I fucking LOVE brussells sprouts!!! Roast them with some olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes, or better yet, deep fry them. They taste nothing like the stinky, mushy, steamed crap your mom made you eat.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That explains it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The articles are out there. Lots are linked to drinking copious amounts of Apple Cider Vinegar. There's also a lot of talk of cancer/tumors being fed by sugar. This is where a lot of my tinfoil hat-ness comes in about the FDA and Pharma/Medical community. Annecdotal evidence points to them profiting greatly from both causing cancer AND treating it, so obviously they're going to discredit any prevention/treatment that hurts their profit margins.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Huh? Vinegar is aecetic acid...not basic.

8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I’ve spent a good portion of the last two years, battling this shit with my wife. Initially we were told to prepare for the worse, as it was aggressive, drug resistant/triple negative, and had already matasticized throughout her lymphatic system. Eventually reached out to a research hospital, who was able to work magic. They’ve been quite vocal about preventative measures/treatments. It still shocks me how many young people are getting diagnosed with this; modern processed food, environmental exposure, and lifestyle are certainly playing a part.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Right. Something about your body trying to balance so it becomes alkaline in reaction to the vinegar.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's very frustrating. A simple google search will have your head SPINNING in minutes. It's just article after article countering each other.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe when you live in cowflap country and have
    to saddle up the horses and ride the buckboard into
    town to get to the general store it costs more but I pretty
    much drive by a grocery store or 3 every time I go out
    to do something else, so it's not a big deal to swing in
    and buy fresh.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I also like sprouts. They look like little brains when
    you cut them in half and roast them. Yummy.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're looking at it the wrong way. Poor people, inner city, no transportation. Most poor people go to the grocery store once or twice a month and buy things with long shelf lives and high caloric content.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn, so much clarified in a single day. It is almost too much.:D

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Cancer needs an acidic environment and sugar feeds that environment heavily. At least from all my research.

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I shop at Aldi whenever I can. They sell excellent and affordable pre-grilled chicken breast and frozen veggies. They also sell an assortment of frozen fish and other healthful proteins. If you supplement that with veggies that keep well like onion, garlic and bell peppers then it’s not really hard. You can sauté the chicken, bell pepper, garlic and onion in about 5 minutes and feed several adults. Sweet potatoes keep well, cook fast, and are delicious and nutritionally and calorie dense. Brown rice keeps well and you can make it in a rice cooker. You can also blend it with white rice for a different texture and taste.

Lettuce keeps around 1.5 weeks, cucumbers and tomatoes around the same. Lemon and lime can keep in the fridge for a month.

Some places really have horrible stores. However, you can still buy nutritionally excellent food that keeps well at low cost if you’re smart.

Aldi is amazing. It’s like a mini-Costco, without walking around a football field sized building, dealing with 10000 cars in the lot or having to store 100 rolls of TP and 20 lbs of mangoes to get any savings.

MachineR1 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, so what about the other 95% of the country?

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, I live in the old west. :rolleyes: There’s five or so grocery’s stores within four miles from my house.
    Still doesn’t change the fact that eating healthy and eating fresh is far more expensive then eating junk food.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The biggest “a-hah” for me is related to autophagy. We are quite simply over fed. Our bodies have such an abundance of calorie and are so underworked that they can provide nutrients to all cells, good and bad. So instead of being purged, the irregular cells flourish and become cancer.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Probably overwhelmed with student loan debt:crackup::Poke:

For real though, pick your excuse: misinformed, ignorant, no money, no time, not a priority, lazy, kids won’t eat the good food, addicted to sugar, etc, etc, etc.