1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korea

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Apr 27, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/...orea-commit-denuclearisation-historic-summit/

Still a lot has to happen before real progress but this is a move in the correct direction. I did not see any payoff like the 'peace' achieved under past presidents.

Amazing when you stop appeasement the progress that can be made. Under Reagan the walk out of Iceland started the end of the Cold War and Soviet Union. And while Russia is still not a paradise they are FAR less of a threat to the world and millions are free in the Eastern Block. Hope this brings some improvement in that hell hole called North Korea and no one deserves to live under those conditions.

2. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Are you concerned about the almost immediate 180 turn the Un has made? Seems to good to be true to me.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If all holds course this could be some real monumental shit going down.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was told that Trumps tough stance on NK was going to lead us to a nuclear war? What did I miss?

JJJerry, badmoon692008, BHP41 and 2 others like this.
  5. code3ryder

Personally, I'm waiting for the bait and switch. Make us think this is going to happen while he's got stuff going on in the background to try and give himself some breathing room until he's ready to launch his next test. Something like that. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

There's been peace talks in the past between North and South Korea in 2000 and 2007 but they never stuck and just fizzled out.....hopefully that doesn't happen again here.

7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I guess you missed a lot then because we are at war with NKorea and Russia. Women are no longer considered human and we rolled back their civil rights, they all wear those red dresses and stupid hats now. The gays are all imprisoned. The economy has crashed, China owns us now. The body count is so high from tax reform and net neutrality that we are burning bodies in the streets. Global Warming flooded the coasts and killed all the animals, Trump has an example of each one stuffed as trophies. Black people are back in chains, Joe Biden's prediction was right. Also, D'ern is the minister of war now so we are pretty much screwed.

418, weber#465, Orvis and 1 other person like this.
  8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Probably the part where they blew up their own underground nuclear test facility.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh look, Mr. Cheerful has chimed in.

Rico888 likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Certainly a concern but I think Trump is a bit better at demanding results before the reward is given than the past few presidents.

weber#465 and lrrs517 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have never cared what the UN has said or done, see no reason to change that stance :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm hoping KJ Crazy has realized the missile launch crap wasn't getting him more cash inflow so now he's going to try the peace route the get the money he wants/needs. I know it's now from caring about his people or the like but if it works to get him to the table I don't care what his reasoning is.

13. code3ryder

Not the UN... The Un.. Lol

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I keep forgetting his real name :D

However my response oddly enough changes not one bit :crackup:

code3ryder likes this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Kim’s not dumb, and he isn’t crazy. He and the Norks are actually fucking brilliant. I think maybe he sees this an an opportunity to give Trump a win and get much more cashola that way. They took it to the brink and now look conciliatory and rational, they can ask for and get plenty of concessions. I doubt they’ll really trade away their nuclear manufacturing capabilities since it’s all they have, but I’m sure they’ll be willing to limit deployed missiles and tests for some sweet cashola.

You know even if Kim Jong Un were a closet liberal, he can’t liberalize. Dictators who do that get deposed and then usually killed. Nikita Khruschev de-Stalinized the USSR and created the conditions that led to him being ousted. There’s numerous other examples. The best we can hope for the Norks is that they’ll transform into something similar to the PRC. IE: an authoritarian fascist oligarchy with economic, but not political freedom.

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Here's what I think. It's pretty much confirmed Crazy visited China. That nuke mountain collapsed and with it, a crap ton of radiation that can affect China. China said it's time to play ball, so shut your ass up, cut the BS and start talking peace. If you don't, we're not propping your sorry butt up anymore.

Just my opinion on the whole deal.

Floyd and blkduc like this.
  17. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Dennis Rodman set this up years ago. :D

Crazy Kim will not be able to keep this poker face for long.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's funny is I don't totally disagree but I can also see Trump stiffing his ass on any real money :crackup:

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Trump stiffs contractors as a regular profit center in his business dealings, there’s not a shadow of a doubt he’ll do the same to Little Kim. The Norks things they’re the masters of games and ceremonies. I think Donald is at least their match.

The Norks probably won’t get much from us other than pretty words, but they’ll get plenty from South Korea. Maybe Trump can convince the Euro peace lovers at the UN to put their money where their mouths are.

20. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

This is huge news and there is nothing in the media about it. Win-win for all so not sure why. Could it be because Trump is being praised for a Nobel by Moon ?