1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob 125 questions

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Dragginass, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to 125's, and racing for that matter, but I have a few questions.

#1. I need to put #'s on my bike. My number is 3 digits, and was wondering what the required size of the #'s is.

#2. Can you race endurance on a 125? If so, what class would that be in?

Thanks!
    Shane

------------------
    Disclaimer: Void where prohibited. One per customer. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. Do not mix old batteries with new batteries. In case of an emergency notify a flight attendant. Iron is hot. Do not use electrical devices in the bathtub, do not stare directly at the light. Slippery when wet. No diving. Discontinue use if tingling, burning, slurred speach, or coma occurs. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross

2. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

You will not have any problems with numbers.

Read the rule books to see the restrictions.
    YOu can get custom numbers made from a sign-shop.

IF you mean 4-6 hr endurance I wouldn't recomend it. You can run a Solo 20 or a race that is about 1/2 hr. These bikes are designed for hignpower outputs for the size of the motor. Basically made for MotoGP type races.

Leave the endurance racing to 4 smokers.

3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

#1. I need to put #'s on my bike. My number is 3 digits, and was wondering what the required size of the #'s is.

#2. Can you race endurance on a 125? If so, what class would that be in?
    [/QUOTE]

#1 the min is 6".

#2 I wouldnt recommend edurance racing the 125 unless you plan to rebuild the motor every weekend [​IMG]

Your best options are Solo 20's, Heavy weight twins, and 125 GP.

Chuck D
    WERA Ex15

4. Rafiq

Rafiq 2 Smoker!

For 3 numbers on a small bike, i use 7" in the front, 6" in the rear.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I realize now what confused me about the endurance racing. I saw an endurance race last year in which there were ysr's, and what I thought were 125's. I thought this was some kind of dual class race as the 125's were smoking everyone. Upon rethinking, maybe those 125 frames had 80 cc motors in them.....

Thanks again!
    Shane

6. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

We ran a 4-hour endurance race on a TZ250 once at Topeka, the guys are still talking about us (we made it 3 laps - rebuild the damn thing and set the fastest time just to loose the chain in the last lap)

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Yep, they put 80's in them and there are a few larger framed 80's (larger than the YSR but smaller than the RS125) Moriwaki makes one.

8. Stu

Stu Country Member

You can endurance race a 125, at the Isle of Man TT, a nice relaxing 150 mile jaunt in the countryside!

9. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

But, real men ride motard 80s. [​IMG]