1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No vintage on 2018 schedule?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by yamageezer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

2. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

I had the same concerns. I contacted Evelyn. Sean told me he'd forward the correspondence but that THERE WILL BE VINTAGE racing.
    Quote from Sean "we’re definitely not doing away with Vintage". What WERA Vintage becomes is yet to be determined. It does seem obvious that things would be a lot less critical if we had more Vintage racers filling the grid. I"ve got two newbies I'm bringing to the 350GP/500GP grids.

yamageezer likes this.
  3. yamageezer

Good, because I plan on running all the rounds this year.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'd heard or read somewhere about a very general breakdown like under 500cc and 500cc and over.....???

I was wondering if something like that was the case, if Middletons RD400 would be running with Jacks stocker Honda 350.....? how would that work?

Pure conjecture on my part here......I've got no dog in this hunt right now.

5. yamageezer

Sounds bogus to me. Now if they want to run 0-500 on the track at one time and 501 to infinity another, I may be ok with that.

6. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Suppose the over 500 and under 500 were just two races, with the multiple classes in each race? If there was a formula that could include each racer's primary and bump up class, where those who bump up could be able to race and pay for expenses. Maybe even three vintage race sets that would ensure the ability of all to bump up which would increase WERA income? I've heard of the elimination of trophies as a money saving option as well.

Best bet would be to get everybody who considers themselves vintage racers to become active again???

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I was saying, so....your 4oo 2 stroke and Jacks 350 4 stroke would be same-same with that general classification.

Hey Jack, fire up your startrek transporter so I can travel 800 miles a day instantly, and I'd be back in sir!:)

Either way it goes, I still plan to attend a couple races in 2018 to spectate and help out anyone who needs it.

Hey, is HMGP coming back in 2018?

8. yamageezer

Yep, I could see some people being caught off guard when a Formula 500 bikes comes by them at twice the speed. I could live without trophies. $25 gas card would work better!

9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

F-500 race with the slowest bikes already... gp 350 ....

10. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Mid-O gots some Vintage.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

I agree with the trophy idea. Maybe trophies for gnf, but that's it. I bet those weekend trophies are less than 25 bucks though.

12. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Who cares about dust collectors.....just give us a place to race, maybe it's time to ride those high up keep vintage bikes.... V-7 and V-8......

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All sorts of ideas floating around which is why nothing is up yet. Decided to actually have some down time over the holidays so no talk of racing stuff at the house. We'll get it sorted out in the next week or so.

joec and yamageezer like this.
  14. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

I'm submitting my WERA license application as soon as I get my membership number from the AMA. I built a YZF750 for V7HW and will be at Roebling in March.

joec likes this.
  15. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Drop the Regional's, make it a National Series again. Five, six or seven rounds only, spread the dates out, fix Mid-O, keep everything else the same. Loose the trophies except at the finals if that will save some dollars, hand out blue ribbons instead.

guzziguy and joec like this.
  16. yamageezer

No ribbons, just kisses from the trophy girl. Walker, you have long hair and purty lips, just sayin.

joec likes this.
  17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Mongo DANG!! I just started racing and ran two of your events last year in V6 HW. I enjoyed it immensely! I am planning on continuing in V6 and I am in the process of building a V5 bike over the winter. I want to keep racing with WERA and not AHRMA.

Guys pull out your old bikes!!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're still going to be doing Vintage racing, it's a part of WERA. Just looking at what will make it work better. Hope to have the ideas typed up here in the next day or two (have to go watch football tonight and have a meeting tomorrow so between the hangover and meeting I don't expect to get much done til Wednesday) and posted on here to get some input.

yamageezer likes this.
  19. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

carry on, combine some classes, I'm OK with that

20. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

I'd rather struggle in a race with other bikes than ride around by myself