1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Njmp: The most dangerous track in the usa

Discussion in 'General' started by Hate McDead, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

After watching the AMA Superbike race, I can only conclude that New Jersy Motorsports Park has to have the most dangerous section in America. I'm referring specifically to that section right after the left hander where Brett McCormick went down. In that crash Brett's bike slid into the bridge structure, was destroyed and bounced onto the track. Fortunately Brent slid straight and missed the bridge. Had the situation been reversed, the results could have been disasterous.

I contend that the area in question replaces the old last turn at Road Atlanta as the most dangerous race track section in America

2. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to the track or ridden it? You're dumb for calling NJMP "the most dangerous track in the usa" You say only one spot is dangerous so already you're contradicting yourself as the rest of the track is pretty safe.
    You're traveling straight through this spot, not turning. What happened to McCormick was a total freak thing, and a pretty stupid move on his part, adjusting his brake lever in the fastest corner of the track?! While this spot wasn't planned correctly, I really think this is a minor issue, and certainly doesn't warrant you complaining about it.

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Wes is right, MJMP is fine. Loudon still wins biggest piece of shit award.

4. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Monticello.

5. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

any track with a bridge structure right at the side of the track is dangerous. even if its on a straight section (ie, summit point, chad sissler sp? RIP).

someone will hit it sooner or later, lets just hope its protected :(

6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I think it is the most dangerous, simply because it's in Jersey.:Pop:

7. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

It looked to me as though McCormick was trying to fix his brake lever after a collision with Zemke. I don't think anyone would make a casual adjustment at that point on the track. He was already under braking when he locked up the front. Maybe his left hand put extra pressure on the lever while trying to pull it back up into position?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh Jeebus Crust, not this shit. It's way too early on a Tuesday.

9. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

actually the crash that freaked me out was Herrin's - losing the rear on the front straight and winding up against the pit wall, while the bike continued down the front straight without him. I don't blame the track or the designer for that, but dangit if the pros dont' find new and interesting ways to crash at every venue.

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I thought that was Aquino :confused:

11. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

DougK, you might be on to something! And it was Aquino.
    The bridge is protected. Airfence all around it with plenty of run off in the next turn.
    It's so dumb to critisize a place with no real safety issues when there are so many places that really do need some work. Especially to go so far as to call NJMP the most dangerous track in the usa?! That's just retarded.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

i also believe that your referring to Aquino, and that could have almost looked like Tomizawa's crash if they weren't fanned out. Thank goodness for that.

13. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I have to go with the OP on this - NJMP is incredibly dangerous. I've seen guys crash, and then a bunch of dudes run out of the woods and strip their bikes of parts before the crash truck even gets there.

Very scary indeed.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

just a note: usually there isn't any airfence there during trackdays. It did make the place seem a lot better with it there.

15. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

To the best of my memory, It's been there every time I've ridden there, which is a lot. I think during trackdays it up to the Organization to place them there, so thats something you might want to look into.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I usually run with NESBA, and IIRC don't believe its ever been there, and I've done about 15 days there with them

17. 2001chromo

2001chromo Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!! anything can happen in the boonies of south jersey! Talk about yard sale!

18. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Haven't done a NESBA day there in 2 years lol. When I really think about it, I can't actually be sure I remember it being there. I'd really like to think it was there at least for the CCS weekends...

19. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

+1. I popped my track (and track crash) cherry there.

20. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

Hey, me too! In the Bowl?