1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJ/ PA/ NY Dirty bike riders-- Scrub Pine Enduro 11/10

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Too far for me, but good luck!

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Range Rovers on course?

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sorry. Too many rules. Put it on in PA and you can drink, bring your pitbike, mount your camera on your bike/helmet, etc.
    More succinctly, fuck NJ. Seriously.

NJ> "Hey, we're gonna allow an event that involves motorcycles. We are NOT sorry that you will not be offered the opportunity to enjoy it. It's strictly to make us money and put our thumb of control over the heathen, environmentally irresponsible bikers, their families and friends. Thanks for coming."

Did I miss my target?
    :D

5. Mille R

How about quit bitching and come support the sport. It is what it is. It is a great event and we work very hard to put it on. Rather than complain, come ride it. You will love our course. It is held in a state park. We have to abide by their rules. If you are only concerned about alcohol then you're right, probably isn't the event for you :):):)

6. flypigs

flypigs Cold turkey since 2003

I'll be there. Should a great finish to the enduro season.

Pete

7. Mille R

Excellent Pete. You will love the course. It is really a great mix of terrain with always some hidden surprises. I will be working a check. Have a great ride!

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If I wasn't scheduled to work the night before and more importantly, had a lot more seat time I'd seriously consider coming down for the event, maybe next year!

Good luck, hope you guys get a great turn out!

9. Mille R

Thanks. Come out and ride if you can. Even if you can't finish we will get you back to the pits. We have lots of members who will be there to help you out, get you back on track, or just get you back to the pits. This is a perfect time of the year to ride, as the weather is conducive to it. Enduros suck when it is 90 degrees outside. High 40s and low 50s is perfect!!!

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Have never done one of these and won't be able to make it on short notice, but, in reading the rules, while a little strict, most make sense. The only one I don't really get is the 'no helmet cams or GPS devices'. Could you mount a Go Pro on the handlebars?

11. Mille R

The problem is tree huggers complaining after the enduro. Tree huggers are trying to kill our sport. Videos give them what they want. No GPS, because we don't want the trails plotted. As to helmet cams, videos due tend to pop up if you know what I mean. I would guarantee, however, that plenty of go-pros could easily be lost along the way.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

PM sent

13. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

I have done this enduro in the past it was a good time, I am just still to sore from my crash at NJMP a month ago to ride on the dirt yet. I'll be ready for next year though. Finally selling my RM 125 and getting back on a YZ 250 actuly excited to ride next year I have alway been to fat to really ride a 125.

14. Mille R

Thanks Mike. Hope to see you next year if the damn DEP does not close us down. We need all the support we can get.

15. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

My goal is to have my 99 yz 250 ready to go for the Sandy Lane enduro, alway try to ride that one it is a great way to start the riding season.

16. Mille R

Very true. Nice relatively easy one to start the season.

17. Mille R

58 Degrees and Sunny this Sunday!!!

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I wish the bikes didn't need to be plated or I would be there on my 450!

19. Mille R

I hear ya. Unfortunately, this is a state forest and hence the requirement. Frankly, for what we ride a 250 is the preferred bike. The AA riders are typically the very few that you see on anything larger than a 250 or 300, however, those guys are just unreal.

20. Mille R