1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nitron Shocks

Discussion in 'General' started by OWO1, Feb 15, 2018.

1. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Beeb,
    As shocks for the older bikes gets scarce, I been using Nitron shocks while in Europe with great success. Since I've been back in the US, I've worked with the US vendor and been less than impressed. Does anyone here have some info on these guys. While living in Norway I bought a top of the line R3 straight from the UK for $700 US, but that same shock here costs over twice that much.

After moving back to the US I bought a discount shock from the Nitron USA distributor and they lied in the spec and build, they sold me a shock that was completely out of spec after they promised to deliver what my bike needed for my weight. We took the shock apart and the promised spring rate was over 300 lbs off. They agreed to make things right then just stopped communicating.

After the time and effort to prove what they sold was false, my builder is going to send them back their garbage and we are going to suck up the assembly / disassembly costs.....

Anyone els have experience with Nitron USA?

2. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

David Behrend at Fast Bikes Industries in Hendersonville, NC is now carrying Nitron. If anybody can get you sorted it would be him. Best in the business.
    http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/