1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nissin Radial MC Rebuild

Discussion in 'Tech' started by E30, Jul 19, 2020.

1. E30

E30 Member

A friend gave me a 19mm Nissin from his Gixxer (it is the post warranty model). i tried using it on my SV but could barely get any fluid to come out of the outlet and the brakes never would bleed properly. Figured it needed a rebuild so I did that today. Nothing seemed clogged or worn. It still barely has any fluid come out when i pump and only occasionally. Also with the lever all the way out, no fluid drips from the outlet or bleeder (which I thought they are supposed to do). i ended up putting a Brembo on my SV and it bled and worked fine. I checked the hole in the body where the resovoir connects and it seems clear.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, used brake parts with some suspicious behavior. I might recommend to put brake parts on that you have 100% confidence in. Cheap things can be expensive in the long run. Other than that, I don’t have any great ideas.

3. E30

E30 Member

For sure. It is for a street bike and I won't use it unless it is working perfectly. These are not complicated devices.

4. RPR

RPR Well-Known Member

see attached pic... if you have one of the recalled "before" units, ditch it for the updated version, otherwise you will never get it bled properly

https://i.imgur.com/iucddPp.jpg

edit: didn't read properly, it's one of the post-recalls

5. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Does it have a stock brake lever on it or an aftermarket? A lot of the cheap ebay specials are known to not work right as they hold the plunger down too far causing all kinds of issues.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If it doesn't have a bleed nipple on top of the master, crack the banjo bolt slightly open. Prime the master cylinder (it's really just a small pump). This is messy so keep a towel under the operation and water available for when you're done. Once the master is primed it will be much more effective at flushing the lines down to the slaves.