1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja 300?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Peanut37, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

Is anybody racing a Ninja 300 yet. If so, how many classes is it legal for? I'm trying to move to Atlanta next year and want to race with WERA.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's legal for a number of classes, not sure yet how competitive it will be but I still think it's a great bike.

3. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

Its an amazing bike! It has all the fun and handling of the 250 with all of the lacking fixed. It has the instant throttle response that you expect. The "just a little more power" that you wished you had on a 250. The best part is the slipper clutch, so you can back it in to a corner like you can on a 600. Yeah, its competitive. Of course like with any bike, it depends on the pilot.

4. TheNurse

TheNurse New Member

Hi Peanut! Just got a 300 myself this week and want to race. Can't wait to get going and hopefully will see you out there! :)

5. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

You will. Unfortunately it won't be on the 300. Next weekend will finish our season here in Colorado. Then I might do a race at Miller and one at Chuckwalla. Then sadly I will be selling the 300 in order to fund the build of next years race bike. I bought a 2013 ZX-6R 636 a couple weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    Here it is at the dealership.

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Great deals on the new ZX6R for racing.

7. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

So what classes are my 636 gonna be legal for? Or do I need to put 09-12 ZX-6R bodywork on it and cheat?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rules are on the main site, wera.com - your 636 fits into the same classes as the 600's.

9. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

Woo hoo!:bow:

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nice bike....congrats

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

:down:

12. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

Relax, I'm not going to cheat. I only said that because I got DQ one race this year for cheating. I used a K&N drop in filter in a Production race. I put it in the week before the race and found out the morning of the race that I misinterpreted the rule and we could only use the factory air filter. My stock filter was still sitting in my trash can at home. It just so happened that they did a tear down of the top 5 that race.

13. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Not a Kawi guy at all but that looks awesome. Good luck!

14. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

What do you all think about the ktm390 that is coming? What class would this run? Was going to get a 250 for fun and learn about racing but the ktm looks yummy

15. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

Rc390

16. TheNurse

TheNurse New Member

What a beautiful bike!!! Congrats! I'm getting all my parts and gear underway and looking to hit the track in January!

17. Doug113

Doug113 Well-Known Member

What part of Atlanta are you moving to?

I thought you had a 250 race bike as well.

:beer:

Doug