1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja 300 setup tips

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Littlehat, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Littlehat

Littlehat Well-Known Member

Looking to set up a ninja 300 and am seeking some advice on where some people are starting their chassis setups.
    Right now I have an ohlins forks with ride height adjustments and stock dog bones.
    Scored some racetech emulators and springs for cheap.
    Any advice on ride heights and emulator setup?
    Going to start with the blue spring, 3 turns of comp preload, 140mm oil height like the racetech website. Not sure what viscosity to run for a novice pace.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

I’m a slower track day guy with. 2015 Ninja 300 and I’m still figuring my bike too.
    I run 15wt fork oil. Air gap is adjustable. I’m running .7 springs in my forks. The front dives a little more than I’d like under braking so I’m going to try 100mm air gap to firm the front end up a touch. I was at 120mm.
    On front height I the stock height setting. 12mm above the upper triple tree. On the rear I have a racetech G3S with stock dog bones. I have it adjusted as tall as it can go. I think it’s about 328mm eye to eye.

3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

.7 springs in the front may be too soft unless you are super light or you've made the bike super light. My 250/300 Ninja weighed under 290lb (60 - 70 lb less than stock) with me at 190 and I was running .7 springs. So, assuming your bike is close to stock you should weigh around 130 lb or less to use .7 springs. Reducing the air gap to try and compensate for soft springs will likely make the fork harsher than you want. Get the correct springs, emulators, and oil and the fork will work pretty well.