1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice set of PM's in Louisville KY

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by SpeedyE, Dec 18, 2019.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I was gonna buy them, thought they were both 17"s

Seller says Front is 16" Rear is 18" ("The front tire size is 120/80zr/16 the rear is 170/60zr/18").
    Seller says GSXR, but I dunno.....16" & 18" ?????? I dont know what they are off of.
    $600
    I found them on FB Marketplace.
    I haven't seen them, but they look good in the photo.

Thought someone here would want them

Link to FB ad
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2576664482383093/?ref=messenger_banner

trussdude likes this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yeah, he has those posted all over FB “for sale” pages. Wish I had something to put them under. I love that era of sportbikes.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. SpeedyE

Me too Brother, me too :)

I wasnt even looking for PM's (<$) ....stumbled across them, the Color jumped at me, I was like "Must Have!!!!" LOL
    At the end of the day, I really didnt have the $ in the coffer for them, almost glad they were the wrong size.
    For $600, though, I figured someone here who needed that size would jump on them.

ducnut likes this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

The Slabby guys (Eboz) can comment, but I think the original GSXRs had 16" and 18' Rims.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. SpeedyE

86/87 had 18" f/r.......Crazy narrow 110f/130r tires :eek:
    In 1987 I saw a pair of rattle-can yellow 86/750 racebikes (built/serious bikes), both with 17"f/r PM's.....that was pre slingshot (17's).

Baffling me.
    The only 80's sportbike that had a 16/18 was the 900Ninja....but blue on a Kaw? I doubt.
    Only other thing that makes sense is a CB750F superbike build (spencer/etc....16/18).
    Maybe an 1150 w/ a +1" in the rear, trying to make it more nimble?

I dunno. Shame about the size(s) though.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  6. DougBowie

DougBowie Well-Known Member

Other great super bikes of the 80’s had that combo... First and the best was Ducati F1 .... The Super Bike until 1988 Duck 851 ......

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the 83-86 VFR 750's ran that combination but I'm not a honda expert. No GSXR ever ran that combination maybe the 83-83 GS700

ducnut likes this.
  8. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Fz750 and RZ500 had 16/ 18 combo, possibly Honda VF750 also.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Fz600/700750/ and vf Interceptors were 16/18. Those would look killer on an old show piece. I don't think anyone makes 16" race tires now. I know the Racetec is available in modern compound 18 at least.

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Bridgestone BT-45V bias-ply is what most are running, on a 16”/18” combo, on the street.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think Avon makes a race compound 16" front, but I haven't seen it listed as available in the US.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

They were probably on a 1150.

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SpeedyE

That's what I think too. Same size, right color (blu/wht bike), suzuki rotors, ......I believe gs1150 too :)