1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by Alexdouble-R, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

This is not possible. Not a true fan of either then....

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

BDawk will make sure they do. Right now, it's "his" team.

3. sportbikerchic

sportbikerchic Sugar Daddy wanted.

Gotta back my friend on this. The local rivalry's too strong.

4. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Reid can stay as coach, but give up the GM position. McNabb is PO'ed right now, playing with fire in his gut just to be able to tell the naysayers to F-off. Runyun: dinged up right now, and, imho, has 2 years left in him. I'd sign him for 2, letting him know he would be mentoring his replacement when he retires.

Dayum! Ruynun's crib sure ain't no McMansion! :)

Ramblewood looks playable. Not given a lot of love in reviews, but the fee structure (especially twi-light) is in my price range.

Frank, if you hope a ride on the ferry, check out Baywood Greens A third nine is being built in a "links" manner. Bring a camera. Seriously.

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

He spent a few beans on that house. Definitely beats Randall's Moorestown home when he was playing here. Neighbors loved the Michael Jackson mannequin in the window over the main entrance. :D TO lived in that neighborhood, too.

Ramblewood is OK, nothing special. 27 holes, so it gets a lot of play. Decent condition, Blue course is the toughest with some tight tree lined fairways.

Baywood Greens looks nice, maybe I'll get down there this summer. We're getting some decent courses in SNJ, http://teetimes.atlanticcity.net/. Plus, we've had Pine Hill for a few years now, built within a wedge of Pine Valley.

6. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Good catch. I'm not that into football I just like to drink and talk smack to all my friends that are! I just always liked the Steelers and the Ravens are the "home team". So true fan of either? Definitely not, but I route for both until they play each other... then it's Steelers all the way.:up:

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, those guys are spending a little more on housing than Charlie Garner. He was renting the apartment across the hallway from me in 1996.

8. Knarf Legna

Not all Philly athletes have blown a lot on homes, Harold Carmichael lived in a small rancher in Cherry Hill with his mother. It's funny how they seem to migrate to neighborhoods according to their sport - 76'ers to Gladwyne and Villanova, Flyers to Voorhees (practice facility there, so that makes some sense), Eagles and Phillies to Moorestown.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know, I was wondering at first why the star running back for the Eagles lived 10 feet away from me. Then it occurred to me that it actually made good sense since he was only going to be there for a season or two. The way professional team sports work, it's foolish to spend big money on a house in a city other than your hometown, unless you genuinely love the place.

10. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

What up son? Hows it goin?

11. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Sean, what no helicopter pilot forum? :Poke:

12. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Lots of the Flyers now living in downtown Philly. Young and rich, better partying. See the story about the high school kids who knocked on Jimmy Rollin's front door for the radio contest? He invited them in, kept calling until he got through and let them hang out. Caller who got the biggest celebrity to call in got tix to Giants vs. Eagles. Dont know if they won, but pretty cool for him to do that. He lives in Gloucester County not far from my parents place.

Eagles vs. Ravens. GO EAGLES.

13. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

You know there is...but my old steeler friends are always around here!

14. Knarf Legna

Ever since Pelle Lindbergh got tanked at Bennigans in Mount Laurel and ran his Porsche 930 into a wall at over 100 MPH the partying hasn't been the same. Back then you'd always find them in the bars here, hardly ever now.

Rollins is a class act. :up:

15. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

:up:
    That was a sad day. Used to go to the old facility when I was a kid to skate at night after the Flyers practice. Pelle was very cool and was very nice to me everytime. His fiance was named Kerstin which is Swedish and isn't pronounced like it is spelled, but I liked it and thats where my daughters name came from. She's a big Flyers fan now too.