1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 9, 2019.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Yep. Any QB with a decent run game, three decent WR's/TE, and a good O-line can be great.

Hell, Brady has been looking great for years now.

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Compare him to the young AFC QBs leading their teams to the playoffs- Mahomes, Watson, Jackson and Brissett. This kid isn't in the same conversation.
    Yes- he may suck less than what the Bills have had through the years. Won't make a difference when they get their doors blown out at KC or at Houston in January.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Not slighting Tomboy in the least but that is due to Bill Belichick and his ability to form a (winning) team consistantly through the years.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    dtalbott likes this.
  4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I don't know if we drove in from an adjacent neighbourhood that's bad but there was $5.00 parking for the game on people's front lawns and there were entire blocks of houses that couldn't have had that income combined.

Maybe I wasn't drunk enough.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You should rub some salt on that, and maybe squirt some lemon juice on it. :crackup:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    stk0308, Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You said he had no skills, that's not true. I never said he was a MVP contender, never compared him to those 4 you mentioned either. He's also played less than 1.5 seasons and he's still learning every game so let's give him a couple more years before you throw him out in the trash. Coaching and the team around them makes a difference too.
    Mahomes and Jackson are 1 in a million players anyway. There's 30 other teams that wish they had them. And KC still lost this weekend.

7. Sabre699

I'm in the clear...the Jags didn't play this week so they didn't have a chance to suck. :D
    [​IMG]

Banditracer likes this.
  8. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

I like Josh Allen and as a Bills fan I hope he succeeds, but he is not really improving this season. Yes his percentage completion was much better than last year the first few games of the season against piss poor teams and with a game plan that allowed him to make easy throws. But his completion percentage is regressing back to what it was last year and he is 0/16 on the deep ball. The deep ball was about the only thing he could do last year, other than running.

I hate to say it but if something doesn't change in the second half of the season here, we are going to be in the same situation next year that Chicago is in with Trubisky this year.

Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  9. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Yes that is one of the lower income parts of Orchard Park, but it's hardly ghetto. That must of have been quite a few years ago, because the parking on peoples lawn is more like $20-$25 now.

masshole and BigBird like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well the Cardinals bailed out after one year with their QB, and the Giants should follow suit, so it's not entirely out of the question if the Bills go in a different direction.

Sent from my smatrfone

11. dtalbott

Why would the Giants even consider another QB? Jones is not the problem.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

then with that logic, Eli wasn't the problem either :Poke:

13. dtalbott

When's the last time Eli threw for four TD's and 300 yards in one game?

14. dtalbott

Hell, with your logic, they need a new RB just as much if not more than a new QB.

13 carries for 1 yard?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

and not playing the 2 win Jets?

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

In 2017, against the eagles who were 13-3 that year and eventually SB Champ, he threw for 434 yards and 3 TDs, so not quite 4

He also had a total of 7 fumbles in 16 games in 2018, your BFF Daniel Jones has 13 already in 8 games.

Sent from my smatrfone

17. dtalbott

You might find this interesting:

In 2018, in 16 games, Eli was sacked almost 4 times a game.

In 2019, in 9 games, Jones has been sacked almost 4 times a game.

Y'all need an O-line, and get Eli to teach Jones how to secure the ball when getting sacked.

Banditracer likes this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It all starts with the big guys up front, on either side of the ball.

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  19. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Almost 30 yrs later and it still hurts:(

20. Sabre699

Tonight:
    Pittsburgh (5-4) at Cleveland (3-6)

The Browns are favored to win? :crackup:
    Who determines this crap?