1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newer Hotbodies fitment???

Discussion in 'General' started by boloson, Dec 3, 2012.

1. boloson

boloson Well-Known Member

I know the older hotbodies didn't fit good but does anyone have experience with the newer hotbodies that comes painted?

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

They fit exceptionally well. Note they don't come painted; the color is embedded in the gelcoat. Nice thing about the newer Hotbodies is the flexibility of the material.

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Better than they used to be, for sure. I'd still prefer Armor Bodies. Pretty much the same price point.

4. boloson

Thank u gents. Yeah same price point as armour bodies but was going to jump on that 2 fer 1 deal. U think they would do an Xmas special?

5. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

talk to a painter, (andrew swenson) he deals with a lot of different bodywork companies

6. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I had thought about going with that 2 for 1 deal, but noticed that everyone either jacks up their price for the 1 or charges an obscene amount for shipping on the 2 for 1. It is a big package I suppose... But what you really end up with is 2 for the price of 1.5. And then you have to buy their special windscreen if you have the ZX-10, which is different than the stock windscreen because of the way they designed their bodywork.

I went with the Armour Bodies in the end, they've never let me down.

Also, I don't think the color-form bodywork can be had for 2 for 1. At least not that I've seen (not at STG). It might just be the primered stuff for that deal.

7. boloson

I have. Would love to have him do my bodywork but with the shipping cost it's would've end up to be way too much

That's good to know especially about the zx10 since that is one of the bikes I need it for. Thanks again guys

8. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I jumped on that deal. Needed some bodywork anyway after trashing mine last month, but I might try and fix it and sell the 2nd set of Hotbodies.

9. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Where are you located there are plenty of painters on here

10. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I did the two for one deal a couple years back. It worked out ok. I personally would only rattle can hot bodies. It's just not quality enough to spend good money on a paint job. I now have sharkskinz. Cost more but worth every penny IMO.

11. boloson

I'm in ma. I know a local painter but wanted Swens paint job just because he does such great work :bow:

12. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

It's hard to beat SS , AB is a real close 2nd and other stuff out there better then HB that's cheaper ... The bogo sale is a pretty decent deal even tho you can get sets elsewhere for $550 plus shipping but they get retail on the bogo deal :beer:

13. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

That's a negative, I called hotbodies and got two sets of bodywork for the price of one and they even gave me a racer discount which was significant to say the least.

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

if you buy the bodywork through him, your only paying for one shipping charge (his shop to your door)

15. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

The last few sets ive had customers bring me were absolute shit. Stick with brands like Attack, Armour, Catalyst, Sebimoto etc etc. The black honda 250 i painted was like a wet noodle when the sun warmed the fairings up. Complete shit

16. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

I was also on the fence about picking up a set of Hotbodies, but I will stick with Sharkskinz.

17. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

I honestly would suggest Optimal over Hot bodies any day of the week

18. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Optimal is actually really good stuff for the $

19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

The only problem with Optimal is they have a limited fitment range. Can't even get glass for the 2011 GSXRs or ZXs yet.

I agree I wouldn't throw a high-dollar paintjob on a set of HB, but I'd certainly rattlecan and race with them. Just put a set on my '11 750 and the panels were fine.

20. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

Got any pics of it on your 750? How was the overall fitment?