1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs advice

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Davidvmi91, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Davidvmi91

Davidvmi91 Well-Known Member

Hello, I am starting in racing for the first time this season. I have been doing a lot of homework and I think I want my first racebike to be a RS125. I have found a very good 95 model that has beeen very well maintained and comes with a ton of spares. I reached this decision because as a 32 year old first time racer I wanted to stay out of the 600 bloodbath classes and this just seemed like more fun.

I am in need of any advice and suggestions anyone can give me. Is this the right bike to race? What classes can I race in with RPM? Thanks in advance.

David

2. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

David,

Get with me at [email protected] . I'll be at TWS this coming weekend for the opening RPM round if you can make it. I'll entertain any and all questions and will have the bike there for discussion. Also, there will be others from here to help you if you wish.

See posts below, it's been said already, but if you know which way a right handed thread tightens, you will love GPs. All it takes is a bit of mechanical ability, finding your way around the bike is easy. Riding it can be a challenge for a newbie, but it's a fun challenge! These little things are rather exclusive and great fun to actually own. They are even more fun to ride. Nothing on two wheels handles as well and the motor is unique and can surprise the big guys. These ain't street bikes, they are full bore racing machines, no compromise built for going fast on a road circuit. They can't even be ridden at street speeds very well. If you're going to race, get on the real thing!

JMHO

3. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

Oh, classes, you can run 125GP, formula 2, and I even heard you might be able to run heavy weight twins, a money class.

BTW, I'm number 157 with a dark green '95 RS and a little green KX80 motard supermini racer. Can't miss that one, 17s front and rear and slicks and a big front brake rotor. I'll be at TWS Friday morning.

Jack

4. Weezer # 1

Weezer # 1 250 GP'er

me too

------------------
    Eric
    Ft Worth, TX
    # 377

5. Davidvmi91

Davidvmi91 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies I will be there on Friday morning for the school so I can get my license. I am not sure if I will race Saturday but I will try and run a couple practice sessions.

Thanks for making me feel welcome.

David

6. cedestech

cedestech Well-Known Member

Newhouse and I, 3 and 4?

Emmett.

7. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

You can run in Heavyweight Twins. I usually do that as my second class. You can also run Lightweight Solo 20 on Saturday.

Mary