1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Year's Resolutions?

Discussion in 'General' started by JTW, Jan 1, 2016.

1. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

So what are they and have you made it a full day yet? Mine was to be less of an asshole... My wife just informed me that I'm failing :)

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm giving up resolutions for chocolate.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

An insignificant rock completed another arbitrarily demarcated orbit of a common main sequence star in a wayward arm of an unremarkable spiral galaxy.

No reason for me to change a damn thing.

:cool:

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Eat less healthy....party more :)

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My wife says mine should be to not swear when I'm talking to her. So far I'm not doing too well. :D

JTW likes this.
  6. I never make any. Never seen the sense in them. People never stick to them anyway. Just like the 738 motherfuckers that will be in the gym over the next 3 weeks because they made one to get in shape.......and they will quit before they even see any changes in their body.

TLR67 likes this.
  7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

8. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I only made one resolution that I kept and that was back in '90 to start running and loose some weight. I dropped 50 lbs in six months. Keep it off by running til 2006. Knees couldn't take it anymore. I miss it.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Try trail running. I had the same problem. None of my joints from the waste down could take it. They'd lock up and hurt like hell before I even broke a sweat. Started running on the mountain bike trails that I already rode regularly and it solved all my problems. Dirt is so much more forgiving on your joints. Only down side is roots and rocks that make it easier to twist already weak joints. But you quickly learn to just pick your feet up and constantly having to watch where you step and "pick lines" keeps you much more engaged anyway. Just make sure you invest in good trail running shoes and don't wear them anywhere else. They're aggressively treated like dirt bike tires to keep traction even in slick conditions and provide proper support for trail running. Possibly even start taking glucosamine. If it's still too rough, cycling is always a good option, whether it be mountain bike, road bike, or just and in home trainer.

For me, i don't really make resolutions. If I really want to change something, I don't need a new year to motivate me. Although I am actively trying to quit tobacco use for the 100th time but that's more coincidence on timing.

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I'm sort of an asshole so I just want to be a better person this year.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well that's just wrong. :D

Saw a bumper sticker yesterday- " For such a small town there sure is alot of assholes "

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

FTFM. :D

GixxerBlade likes this.
  13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I resolve to quit drinking.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You drink PBR. You gotta start actually drinking in order to quit.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My mom has asked me to be less nasty and mean to people.

I've resolved to be even more nasty and mean. Stupid people deserve what they get!

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

But so few seem to get what they deserve.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Someone needs to make an "are" sticker and put it on that bumper.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Asshole! :D:beer:

brex likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Mine is to race more this year. Not too hard after 1 weekend last year...

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I quit chewing 3 weeks ago, cold turkey. It has been a lot harder than I had imagined. I don't know that it's the nicotine, for me I think it's more of an oral fixation (har har) habit kinda thing. I still want one every day, especially after meals. I have quit for months at a time before and I don't remember it ever being this tough. Hopefully it gets easier soon.