1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to WERA, a few questions...

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by mzarra, Feb 18, 2015.

1. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Been lurking on the forums for a bit and searching around looking for answers. Seem I have a few that have not been asked or at least not in a way that I have found :)

I am currently a racer with the AFM in NorCal. Looking to add some WERA west rounds to my rotation for 2015.

Being a licensed racer with AFM, do I need to attend NRS with WERA?

I am currently racing a 450 "triple" in the AFM. The triple project takes an existing 600 (in my case an older R6) and permanently disabling a cylinder creating a modern 450.

In the AFM we run them in lightweight classes as well as the 450SB.

Has anyone run a triple in WERA?

Are they legal?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

2. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Welcome to WERA :up:

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Looks like Stephen covered your question. Welcome to WERA and the beeb. Fasten your seatbelt it's a wild ride!!

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

The cripple cannot run in LWT twins (it's not a single or twin) and not in Clubman (must be less than 250cc water cooled or 600 cc air cooled). D Superbike and F2 are your main classes. Hwt twins SB and C-Super would be the up classes.

Good luck!

6. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Thank you for the welcome!

I was expecting Class D and F2.

Next question though, if the bike is stock (other than the cylinder disable) would it be allowed in superstock?

AFM recently (read 2015) allowed them in their prod class as long as they matched the prod rules (sans disabled cylinder). Probably a question Mongo can answer for me once he takes a look at this thread.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For now no in SS classes as the disabling mod is a superbike type modification to the engine.

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Whalecum to WERA

9. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Thanks Mongo for the definitive answer and again thank you everyone else for the welcome.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the track.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Dude, WTH? :Puke: