1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tech Fuel

Discussion in 'General' started by NESBA, Aug 11, 2000.

1. NESBA

NESBA Member

Any idea where you can purchase some of this stuff?

2. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

marietta motorsports (888.327.8527) sells nu-tec.

3. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

according to Ope they are not selling it any more.I asked him at road atlanta in july

4. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

Pro Stock Performance Sells Neutec, their number is 513-353-9112.

5. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Just a thought about this and the rulebook; isn't Nu-tec an oxygen bearing fuel, as is most major metropolitan fuels? This would be illegal except in Formula one according to Chapter 8.2f. Should the rules be modified or do we really need to run race gas to get fuel that does not have oxygen additives?

6. TONY #20

TONY #20 Well-Known Member

Cycle Products (770) 535-1906, had 9 barrels as of last Thurs.

7. WERA

WERA Administrator

ALl fuels are oxegynated to some extent - the question is do they fit into the specific gravity portion of the fule rule. The answer is no one knows but since our rules where based on the AMA stuff and they have tested the fuels and found them legal odds are good they fit our rules as well. Am I positive of this - no...

#545 Keith Palmer

Not all off the shelf (race) fuels are oxygenated - I believe that most of VP’s popular C line isn’t (C-12 for instance).

WERA’s fuel rule (8.2.f) presently reads:

“Allowed specific gravity range, at 60 degrees Fahrenheit, .695 to .765. No oxygen or nitrogen bearing additives (i.e.: NOS) in any class other than Formula 1.”

Can’t speak to Nutec or Elf, but the oxygenated Power Mist fuels all have specific gravitys within this range (see: http://www.powermist.com/fuels.html)

The oxygenated hydrocarbons (e.g. methanol, ethylene oxide) used to modify fuels will raise the fuels dielectric constant, but will have minimal to no effect on the fuels specific gravity. The nitro-hydrocarbons (e.g. nitromethane, nitrobenzene) used to modify fuels will significantly raise the fuels dielectric constant, and can significantly increase the fuels specific gravity as well. Depends on how much of each you add...

WERA’s fuel rule (8.2.f) also reads:

“... Gasoline will be tested with a Digitron DT15 Meter calibrated at -55 using cyclohexane. Allowed dielectric constant range of -60 to +35 with a maximum allowed temperature difference between cyclohexane and gasoline sample of 5 degrees Fahrenheit.”

-60 to +35 must be a funky calibration/scale specific to this model “Digitron DT15 Meter”. True dielectric constants are unitless and for these types of organic liquids (organics) range from around 2 (hexane) to around 30 (methanol).

Good to know WERA pays little mind to the fuels we club types use... I’m immediately off to the SpeedWerks dyno to see if a sniff of nitro will help my poor Aprila hang with those pesky SVs...

9. Top Gun

Top Gun Well-Known Member

If you need Nutec Race Fuel we have it in stock and can be shipped.Discounts Available
    [email protected] or (740)362-1166
    Michael