1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SV Kit Fork Rods for DIY!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by [email protected], Feb 19, 2004.

1. We have just gotten our first production run of our new "Drop In" SV damper rods. They are CNC machined, nicely polished and have all of the normally required drilling and braizing done, and accept the 4101 RT Emulator with no machine work!

With these rods, you can do an SV fork upgrade in a fraction of the time it used to take. They are $99.95 a pair, and are available for the 99-02 KB fork, and the 03-04 Showa fork.

:)

2. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

But how much weight do they save???

:)

Keener

(Who is in the middle of doing said damper rod drilling in 10 minute increments between changing diapers!!!)

3. Uncle Jesse

Uncle Jesse Well-Known Member

just noticed that Mr. Burns now has hair in your avatar:clap:

4. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

It's only been that way for....gosh, been so long, I forgot how long it's been!

:D :Poke:

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Watch me start another 20 pager here...:rolleyes:...but...

Was I wrong for being under the impression that Traxxion does not sell their products unless one of Traxxion techs personally installs them???

i.e. Axxion Valve Kits

6. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

wot? people aint allowed to change their polocies to help the customer these days or wot?

nice one max :D

7. We don't sell cartridge fork parts. We have sold RT Emulator kits to DIYers for several years. But is a time consuming and laborious job to do the required braizing, drilling, deburring, and chamfering to the rod. Also, the RT instructions are critically flawed for the SV, and we have a fix included on our rod to cure that.

For SVers, you just need to pull the bolt, dump the stock rod out, and drop our shiny part and the emulator in and go....
    :clap:

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Spiffy.:clap:

9. Re: Re: New SV Kit Fork Rods for DIY!!!

None. You will still have to find a way to get some weight off your bike. Usually a lighter rider is the best way....
    :beer: :Poke: :D

10. fat bloke

Re: Re: Re: New SV Kit Fork Rods for DIY!!!

i might have to give that a try!

11. Forget about it, Bloke.

You could have two carbon fiber legs installed, and you still would only be "average" weight at best!!!

:D :Poke:

12. fat bloke

carbon fiber legs? now theres an idea..........

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Carbon fiber legs? Be a hellova lot easier to repair after a good off......:beer:

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Blah blah blah, just get the top out spring crap figured out with the Kaw ZX10. What you now want me to work with Baker?????????:) :) :) :clap: :beer:

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I'll have to see if LP can get me a set cheaper. :Poke:

Just kidding, ole buddy! :D Good show! :cool:

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Sounds fair enough. :up:

17. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

And that's why Max is a multi-billionaire and I'm a gov't worker.

I've drilled out a few of those... and was always proud of my work afterwards.

Never in a million years would I thought of reproducing them "pre-drilled"... and that actually pisses me off.

Awesome idea Max.

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Huey,

H.D. suppliers have been doing it for years......:)

19. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Re: Re: Re: New SV Kit Fork Rods for DIY!!!

You do realize for that comment you shall receive a public pimp-slapping next time I see ya?

20. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Re: Re: Re: Re: New SV Kit Fork Rods for DIY!!!

What did the 5 fingers say to the face?........ SLAP!!!! I"M RICK JAMES BITCH!!!

- dave chapell

:D