1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Scratch and Dent Generator

Discussion in 'General' started by 2blueYam, Mar 30, 2010.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I just picked up a new floor model Yamaha EF3000iSEB for the low price of $1199 (cheapest internet price I have seen on these is $1959). It came with the full 2 year warranty. The reason for the low price is the big scratch down the side of the case (in the metal). I do have some Yamaha blue paint (about 2 years old now) left over from painting my track plastics, but going through the paint process seems like a lot of work.

Any other suggestions on how I might avoid it rusting without going through the full paint process (sand, prime, sand, paint, clear coat)?

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

How about a picture of the scratch?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just put some paint on the scratch and the heck with the whole process. Or ignore it.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Same way you cover scratches on race bodywork...sponsor stickers!

5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Touch-up paint pens?

Colored permanent marker?

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Hit it a couple times with a hammer near the scratch, hell even on the other side. Then take a can of Rustoleum to the scratches. It's a generator, not supposed to be pretty. And if it looks all beat up it's less likely to be stolen.

7. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

do you know for sure that it is steel?

I would vote for the touch up paint pen.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So you're not selling a small child.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I like the sponsor sticker idea, although I don't have any sponsors, I do have plenty of gear/parts/trackday org stickers I can put on it. I may run a touch up pen over it first.

Thanks guys!