1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Road Course?

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxer504, Dec 5, 2001.

1. gixxer504

gixxer504 Guest

Does anybody know anything about a new track in Nebraska? I heard it is 20 miles south of Omaha. Thanks, Kevin
    Just looked up CRA's website. The track is called Mid America Motorplex. It's located in Pacific Junction, Ia. (20 miles south of Omaha metro area) See at www.midamericamotorplex.com

[This message has been edited by gixxer504 (edited 12-05-2001).]

2. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

NESBA has some track days scheduled there in 2002.

3. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Insert Oz joke here.

4. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

You're not in Kansas any more JamesG! [​IMG]

5. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Eh, Kansas, Nebraska they're all square states. [​IMG]

6. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

It's on my list. The drive is about the same distance as Putnam for me. Too bad their motorcycle club night is a Wed.

7. WERA29

They did that just so they could keep riff-raff like you out of their club! [​IMG]

8. EMathy

Hah! Little did they know! I'm so desperate for early spring track time I just might take a Wed. off to truck on down there. [​IMG]

Only if they start in March, though. In April things start up @ Blackhawk. [​IMG]

9. WERA29

This is truly a great day and age we live in when there are new tracks popping up all over the place. [​IMG]

Nothing like having 2 new tracks on the National schedule next season. [​IMG]

I can't wait until Barber opens up so we can get Roebling off the schedule. I can't believe we're having a National there! [​IMG]

10. gixxer504

gixxer504 Guest

Any opinion on this?...Anybody?
    It looks like they're going to charge a yearly fee plus entry fee. They list $100 membership for expert riders plus $100 at the gate, $250 / $80 for amatuer riders(liscensed). Does this seem abit steep for a track day that doesn't start till 3 in the evening? They have 4 different groups, each having the track for 20 mins. I don't think this will add up to much track time.

[This message has been edited by gixxer504 (edited 12-10-2001).]

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roebling is on the schedule because the Endurance teams like running there so we do it every couple of years...

12. EMathy

Hey! Didn't you just tell me how much you liked that track? Let'see, in the e-mail you wrote:

Whattup 'wid 'dat? You guys are just trying to get me down there so I'll bring more brats, aren't you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. WERA29

That does it. No more e-mail for you Mr. Cut and Paste to the BBS! [​IMG]

I said it was an easy track, as in not too technical. Yeah, the front straight is fun but the track management leaves a lot to be desired. The track surface also needs a serious repaving. [​IMG]

It's just not the kind of place I'd expect to have a National. Then again, so is TGPR but we still keep having Nationals there too. Damn, I can't wait until Barber opens! [​IMG]

14. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Huh? I would think the Endurance teams would hate Roebling, 'cause you can't come and go while the track is green? [​IMG]

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What do they care? They're all too busy racing [​IMG]

16. EMathy

Hah! [​IMG]

Say...what do you really think about the Barber track? [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

The emergency gatorade and cheesy-puff runs?

18. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

It makes me happy. [​IMG]

19. gixxer504

gixxer504 Guest

Any opinions on the cost of the wens. track days?

20. WERA29

Just pray it doesn't precipitate (please note I didn't use the 4-letter r word [​IMG] ) during the race. [​IMG]