1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new racer with a question

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by tomastopher, May 30, 2006.

1. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

I joined WERA West in feb and have a question about when a racer should get the meatball. On sunday I ran at Fontana. the place is huge and the track is awesome. It has run-outs on all hi-speed elements, which makes it fairly safe. In my second race on sunday I got caught up battling for last place with a guy who consistently missed the transition from the front staight to the infield as well as other sections. He had a strong bike and was king of the straight away but was not so great in the turns after about four laps of him blowing the chicane and forcing another rider in front of me off the track i just let him go because i was afraid he would plow me while trying to keep up? Shouldn't licensed racers be able to navigate the race track?

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

They should be able to navigate the track, but that stuff can happen. You should have told the race director then. They could have the officials watch the rider and possibly give a warning. If its determined that he is "cutting the course", he could have been docked a lap.

3. Senor Paella

Senor Paella Euro Trash and Proud

Talk about sour grapes in your fruit salad! If you're battling for last, you probably should worry more about your own riding. I've never heard such bitching and crying from someone battling for last. What was your grand plan? DQ him and become 2nd to last? Wow, dare to dream, buddy!

If you were following him and another rider for so long, you were in little danger of being plowed by him. Sounds like you were going to plow into him if anything. Stop worrying about plows. You need to ride.

Monster engines, what a crock. If it's illegal in your class, protest it. If it's legal, then too bad. If he can afford it and you can't, then maybe you need to find something more within your budget, like rock watching. I hear this phantom monster engine complaint all the time from guys who just can't ride. If you're giving it your best shot and the guy pulls away effortlessly, and you guys are battling in the front of a pack, that's different. Battling for last? I doubt it was a monster engine that got him 3rd from last.

Here's a concept, how about you learn to ride so you can battle for something other than last? Wow, did I just give away the secret to racing? Sure hope this helps.

I've raced a lot of series and seen a lot of fights but never on this level. Fighting for last and you want to bitch about everyone else? I'd keep quiet about that. Oh, I forgot, you're an American and it's your right to blame the world for you being last. If nobody else raced, you'd be first.

It's club racing, your life doesn't depend on it. Get over it. If you take it so seriously, go pro and fight for last there.

4. racerboy66

racerboy66 Hugs for ery body

Fuzzy317 is correct, talk to the race director and have any other riders that may have concerns about safety around this guy talk to the director also. First place OR Last place, your life and everybody's lives depend on it!!! (It being SAFETY)
    Keep it real though man, no whining about gitting beat!!
    :beer:

5. tomastopher

Senor P.

who pissed in your wheaties? Let me start by saying you have a remarkable gift. That is, you have the ability to wrend information from my post that simply isn't there.

I can offer you a more complete rendition of my weekend Which also included a first and second place finnish in the other races i entered so you can f.o.a.d. on the sour grapes stuff.

the rider in question was dq'd and i had passed him on the first lap. I was very suprised at the start of lap two when he passed me on the outside of turns one and two ( that is outside the racecourse) pushed in on my line and then parked it. Turn one at fontanna is 150mph down the nascar banking and onto the apron. turn two goes back to the right and is about 130mph. I got back in front of him at turn three and stayed there closing down the next rider and had myself set up to pass the next rider exiting the chicane which is 7 & 8. When as i am committing to my turn in incrediboy plows straight thru the chicane and forces the rider in front of me off of the course. After 4 laps of this i let him go.

As for the monster engine b.s. i ride a mostly stock 02 RC51 and i do know
    how to ride it. a new 750 four weighs less and makes the same power. So if a rider pulls the trigger it would make him hard to pass under accel. That is why i like to use the stable braking characteristics along with the speed carrying capabilities of my RC to pass and gap riders i put behind me. For example in my third race i put a gap of 14 seconds on the field. The guy was not "pulling away effortlessly" he just never tried to make any of the high to low speed transitions. fontanna is an incredably forgiving track in that respect, as there are run outs on all of those elements .At a track like Las Vegas classic he would have been a pile of rubble. The razor sharp desert rocks would have cut him to pieces at 150 mph.

As for the front of the pack battling crap. if you're such an accomplished racer i'm sure you know that points are points and it's a season we race not a one off event.

As for secrets given away i guess the only secret you gave away is that euros never miss an oppourtunity to do some american bashing. but when the fecal hits the rotator who do they call. But then again that's not really a secret.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!!!! BOYO!!!!!

The only point you were correct on was that this is club racing.

Safety not points was my main concern

Let me help you with you english skills by adding a new word to your vocabulary
    the word is fucktard. You should open the back of your dictionary and write it in and place a picture of your self beside for easy reference.

Fuzzy& racerboy thanks for the advice next time i will. And i didn't mean to come across as a whiner. Just had an honest q about safety. Being last was not the problem. I have been last before and probably will again someday.

6. racerboy66

racerboy66 Hugs for ery body

7. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

Sounded like an exciting race. I was there that day racing too, the one race with tons of crashes were the C bikes (600s). Which race(s) are you talking about in this thread, HWT SS or SB?

8. tomastopher

HWT SS & SB, as well as B SUPERSTOCK. The above mentioned race was the b superstock.

9. kaneohekid

kaneohekid Registered Abuser

:up: I give you props!!! Yeah that guy was a corn hole.

10. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

I was wondering which class the 1000 twins raced, B.... I am thinking about picking up an Aprilia for next year to race in the heavyweights. I actually did 2 HWT rounds on my SV650 for fun. You guys are flyin'!!

Yeah, that guy is a cornholio!! Screw the eurotrash and those who can't ride safely. I had some idiot do that in my race as well. Cut every chicane and then crashed himself out. Basically he made the 21 turn CA Speedway into a 9 turn WSIR. Haha! Screw him!

11. Senor Paella

Senor Paella Euro Trash and Proud

Hey, get your facts straight, euro-bashing bastards. If you know what you're talking about, you'll know Paella is a Spanish delicacy. When did Spain take handouts from America? We never needed you for anything. Americans always think they are the world's saviours.

Spain also has the best riders with a great culture of riding. You guys can't beat that. Did I mention our women are also tops?

Getting back to what we were talking about, if you're fighting for last, then what was your objective in complaining or anything? To be 2nd to last? To get that 1 or 2 points as you fight for the whole season of last place finishes? If there are more than 3 competitors, you won't even get a trophy at the end, so what's with all the fighting?

I apologize about my rants but I have seen enough whining in my time about monster engines and all sorts of crap that I had enough and only want to ride for the simple pleasure of it. Racing is fun but not worth getting worked up about. Funny how you didn't mention safety as an issue but you focused more on the fighting for last and wanting to dq him for not knowing the track. If safety is an issue, you should've said so or bring it up immediately. It's a little late now. Why don't you do it next time you see the guy?

Take it easy man. We take 2-3 hour siestas in Spain. Makes for a longer and more relaxed lifestyle.

12. tomastopher

Paella is definetly one of my favorite dishes! I wasn't trying to complain, really! Being new to all this, I had a question about the situation because it had never happened to me and in the riders meeting both days they said that this type of thing would definetely get you pulled from the course. It really was a bad situation. But as they say, "thats the racing"

13. roadracer618

roadracer618 Well-Known Member

tomastopher,

I did not hear a complaint. It sounds legit to me and safety is always a concern. Whether you are racing for last or racing for first it's still racing and as we all know it's a daggerous sport. I see nothing wrong with your concerns.

My Grandfather and Grandmother are from Spain. I think Mr. Paella is giving my people a bad name. Please don't hold that against the rest of us.

Later,

Tony.

14. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

i didn't hear any whining about being last either, i just heard a new racer asking a legitiment question then some asshole (Senor Paella) had to give him a raft of shit for asking. and then he bashed our women...if you don't like our women and our country..stay in spain, maby they can put up with your shit?
    anyway, it was a good question, and like Fuzzy317 said, you should have talked to a race official that day. Well good luck with your racing.

15. JoeNashville

JoeNashville Well-Known Member

I'm with tomastopher. The same thing happend to me at a track day the guy -on a RC51 - just about stopped into the turns. The first time I almost hit him he stopped so fast! It took me two turns to get around him because he was so all over the place. He did this for two more sessions, went off the track and they bumped him down to beginner and made him take the class. Must have been your guys cousin!
    Racing is dangerous enough without these types of riders! These guys can take one or more other riders out from being stupid or incompetent and this should be unacceptable. I don't think you were complaining either and the question helps those of us in similar situations. So rock on dude!!

16. ryda3

ryda3 Well-Known Member

spain does have great riders, but american riders are picking up on things quickly. god bless nicky, the top rider right now.....also an american*

17. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

Were you at LVMS on 8/20? That course does not lend itself too well to lane cutters. Sportbikes don't run through sand the way they can run through lanes like at Fontana.

18. Phishisgr8

Phishisgr8 Gravel tester

Senor,

Just to get YOUR facts straight, he never mentioned "monster engines." His EXACT term was "a strong bike."

19. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

buncha damn bullsh.., ROGER!!!!

20. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

I protest!!