1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Racer Headed to Blackhawk Farms

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by wrlamkin, Jun 3, 2012.

1. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

I will taking my 11 year old son, Nolan to Blackhawk Farms for his first race on a "Big" track. Nolan will be on a 1996 Honda RS 125 and will be taking his KX 65 as well. Nolan has been racing on Go Kart tracks for 3 years now on his KX 65 and will is excited to get on his "Big" bike. Any advice/help/thoughts would be appreciated. Anything he needs do/bring before Rider's School?

We will be heading up early on Friday, not sure about camping or hotel?

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I'll be there. I should be pitted in turn 4. I like the shade and that is where I have always pitted. There should be plenty of room in the area. I have a couple of vintage bikes #119.

Ken

3. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

Welcome, look forward to seeing you there. Good luck to Nolan, pretty cool to be getting in the game so young.
    Looks like some good info for you here - http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=299181&highlight=blackhawk

Looks like camping is available. Dad and I are too old for that now so we’re staying at the Fairfield -
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rfdbl-fairfield-inn-and-suites-beloit/?vsremarsha=RFDBL&vsresect=rd&vsretype=p&vsrebrand=FN&vsrelink=vhw

Upscale place to eat is - http://www.butterflyclub.us/

Fun place to eat is -
    Anna Maria's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
    823 Gardner St
    South Beloit, IL 61080
    (815) 389-2645

You’ll usually find racers eating here, good food reasonable price.

Feel free to stop by and say hi, #86 Yamaha R6 – Jason Temme, happy to help in any way.

See ya soon

4. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

+1 for Anna Maria's

5. design-engine

design-engine design-engine

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Hope he had fun.

7. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

saw you guys out there. Nolan looked solid for his first time out - I was the guy who brought the dropped glove back to you. Hope he had a good time and learned tons.

8. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

We both had a great time and appreciate how helpful everyone was to us. A special thanks to Gene Burcham #94 and Gary Jeffries #120 for helping us out with the transmission. Once Nolan was able to shift his bike he was not able to take the smile off his face. Everyone who came up to him and talked with him, I want to say THANK YOU.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So the transmission was the issue...I came up on him in T6 in practice and he had his hand up. I followed him through to 6A with my hand up as well as I didn't want him to get run over (I am A LOT easier to see :D).

I am glad you guys figured it out and he enjoyed his weekend.:up:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nolan did great!

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Like I told him, during the race he picked a good line and held it, so he was easy to get around. He did a great job for his first time out on a "big" track and his dad did a great job of being the kind of dad a young racer needs.

Ken