1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Race Questions. Repost for "General"

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by brianspeed3, Jan 15, 2012.

1. brianspeed3

brianspeed3 Well-Known Member

Ok I am sure that these have been answered in the past but need some help finding the answers. This will be my first year racing and have some questions.
    Sorry I did not see, (or look, my bad) this section.

Steps for registering? What forms do i need to fill out and do i need to list myself as provisional novice or what?

Second, I took the Ed Bargy race school. Does that still count as one of my "provisional" weekends, Or do I need to do 2 weekends still?

Do I need to do the "Riders School" even though i have already done the Bargy school?

When renting a transponder, do i need to already have a mount to attach to the bike or will that be included in the rental?

Thanks for all the help!
    Edit/Delete Message

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

print form, fill out, and bring to the track your first weekend

should only be required to do one weekend as provisional, but check with registration on that

normally, you would not need to take another school, but since its been so long since your last school, you need a final decision from Mongo, have you been riding on the track?

you may get a mount with your rental, just be sure and return it with the transponder when done for the weekend.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  3. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

minimum of two races total on separate weekends are required.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  4. brianspeed3

Ok. I did the Bargy School back on Sept 30 at Jennings. Yes i have been on the track. Did about 8 track days last year. Got up to expert class with STT.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Easiest way is to handle it all at your first event. However, if you want a number assigned beforehand or to pre enter then your first step is to print a membership application from the site and fax or mail it in with your certificate from Ed.

6. brianspeed3

Hey Mongo, whats the ruleing on how many weekends i have to do as a PN with the bargy school cert?

7. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Same as any PN... and for the record being a PN doesnt change anything... you just have to wear the newbie shirt :D do your two PN races without doing anything bone headed and you become a regular Novice. Simple.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think the Bargy, and many other schools, count as your 1st weekend.

9. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

oh, if it's true I didn't know that...

Well then you would only have to wear your newb shirt for one weekend... bout the only difference.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bargy school still counts as one so you've got one more. All it means though really is you wear the shirt - which you need to do until you're up to speed no matter what your license status.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just one.

12. brianspeed3

Ok. thanks