1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R1 is here

Discussion in 'Tech' started by HFD1Motorsports, Feb 26, 2004.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Oh man what a trick looking bike...it looks like the claims of power are close I am getting 130 on my dyno stock:) the ecu is in the airbox and everything is smaller and lighter. The Sub frame is skinny like 8 inchs by the tank and just a few inches by the time you get to the back. The Clutch cover sticks out a ways and we are looking at making a cover to stick out a little bit more than the stock clutch cover. The thing that scares me is the clutch cable pivot on the cover it looks like it will be the first thing to go in a slide.. the ft wheel looks like a r6 wheel and the pads look the same too. Now off to crack it open and look inside:)

2. WERA49

WERA49 Well-Known Member

Charlie, what does that work out to in DynoJet numbers? I don't remember the sliding scale that you told me.

How much torque does it make?

Send pictures.

Rob B.
    WERA #49

3. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

The ECU is in the airbox?

4. HFD1Motorsports

130 =@150 and yes the ecu is in the air box as for pictures I am going to be posting some more just need a dig. cam that is gear head friendly:) i have some on my site i will be posting up some dyno graphs soon

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Too bad that, at least in street trim, it's uglier than a bucket full of bullhead:D ;) .
    Cheers, Lee S.

6. Indy92

Indy92 Beer Me

Are you high? It's the best looking bike on the market.
    IMHO.:D

Bonzai

7. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

130 =@150 i thought it had 180 at the crank?

At what happend to the 500-1000 mile break in:Poke:

8. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

I think Huey is a on a Factory Dyno ie inertia dyno or Eddy current dyno and they measure actual rear wheel horespower as opposed to Dynojet that uses a correction to try to give crank hp by a rear whel power test.

9. HFD1Motorsports

Crank hp is way differant than rear wheel HP. You wait until I uncork the bike and adjust the fueling:) I have the Factory Pro Dyno..Like the one they were testing bikes for fourmla Extreme and others at the CCS races.

10. HFD1Motorsports

Hey I put 50 miles in on the dyno she is ready:)

11. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

I had 148 on my Factory dyno with minor Superstock mods and a Micron exhaust. The rider was very happy with the power and said he was able to draft past Buckmaster and Bucky couldn't get back past him. The only complaint the rider had was that he couldn't make rear tires last on it. If your tires only last 6 laps you don't do very well in a 12 lap race.

12. HFD1Motorsports

Did you get to hang out with Leigh down at Daytona???

13. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Yeah, he came to the shop at night to work on his 12oz curls.:beer: