1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Home Page

Discussion in 'General' started by Fuzzy317, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

Everything seems to work fine for me (mac OSX & firefox) and I think it's a nice improvement. I don't envy your web designer, though. Probably be chasing down bugs for weeks!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, he's good, there won't be too many and the peeps on here will find them pretty quickly. Luckily the majority of the back end is our scoring and points program which he wrote as well.

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

showing the home page, if on IE try pressing ctrl F5
    this should have the graphic refreshed as current

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Nope didnt work, and really not feeling like clearing cache and all :down:

5. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

If I were building this layout, I would shrink & move the latest updates section to half the size of the google ad on the right and place it right above where the google ad is now. I would also change the font to match the blue link font used in the body of the page...

I would also widen and vertically shrink the sponsors section and move it right under the nav bar... This would allow the bulk of the National/Regional standings to be seen without scrolling up or down... JMHO, I see alot of wasted focal space.

As for bugs; I noticed the results expand over the footer & cause a few lines to get backgrounded by the footer.
    The link for solo payouts does something similar, only horizontally.

HTH, overall I really like the updates!

6. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

BOOBIES?? :D

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I was thinking he meant pie, but your suggestion works too. ;)

8. SMonk

SMonk Twisted Moto Racing

The solo Payout link puts me back to the home page.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're working on getting the new solo payouts up (thanks to Arnie Hastings) so the old numbers were bad anyway.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Very nice. Great improvement. If you can use a stylesheet to make the text styled consistently across all the pages, it'd be damn near perfect.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Forms are fixed.

Other layout issues will be addressed soon.

12. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Ok the front page offically sucks ass now. :(

Not only is it a jumble of boxes and text, but now when I hit the "BBS" link, it first gives me a page/spam for RSS feeds, that sits there (and sits there and sits there) until the widget loads completely before going to the board. At first I thought it was just something being tinkered with, but its been like this for a week. IIts gotten so annoying that I've started coming in directly to the BBS because the home page is such a PITA.

Sorry Sean and whom ever you have designing the page, but its probably one of the worst portal sites I've seen in a while.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Hey, you've got to start somewhere .. it's at least an improvement thus far .. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

James - you on dialup? I'll talk to him about it going to that page first but for me the bbs loads in about 10 seconds. As for the rest it's not jumbled even on my phone so I'm not sure how to fix whatever it is you're seeing.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

On the homepage, are the ads supposed to be on both the top and right side of the page? Wondering if putting the results (which cause scrolling) on the right side would work ..

16. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Not on dialup, but at the moment I am running a Torrent client that is soaking up alot of my bandwidth. So might be simulating good dialup or slow DSL.
    But even when its off, the behavior is annoying and poor design to click a navigation button to do one thing/go somewhere and the page does something else instead.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes they're supposed to be in both places for now. We're trying to get some numbers and look at selling ads rather than use the google text stuff.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I don't disagree with you there.

Right now we're working on some other things for scoring and points, I'll get back on the web page stuff in the next couple of weeks.

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

While it's annoying to have to click twice, once you click the "BBS" link, just click on the link where it says "If your browser doesn't auto refresh, click here" and it will go straight to the BBS.

I'd rather click twice than wait 10 seconds for it to auto load.

20. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I was actually bothered by the other aspect of that page...you get the page about RSS feeds, but it's not there long enough to actually read what it says. THere's already an RSS feed link right next to the BBS link...why not just have them point to the actual pages?

I like to look ok...at least it doesn't look like a teenager made it in 1996 like the last one :)