1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dunlop Not-Quite-Superbike Slicks

Discussion in 'General' started by LWGP, Aug 17, 2011.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Do you think they will not come up to temperature fast enough for sprints? not much information out on the tires, and on the web there are guys just trying different shit out.

Funny thing happend at the summit 6 hour endurance race.
    I just had a set of the regular race slicks spooned on for $447.
    I'm always talking about tires and he had the new Pros on hand. As i was walking out he told me alot of guys were running them today... My jaws drop... I was thinking "you mean I could have ran those for $365 vs. these for $447"!

I randomly saw on a BBS that some guys were puting Tire warmers on them to get them hot off the break even though these tires dont need warmers.

I wanted to get a set for sat and sunday practices, and to run the Solo. Then I could just spoon on some DOTs to run the three Sunday A races. That alone would extend my tire money savings. i just need to find out if they will come up to temperature for the solos at least.

2. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

At the Endurance Race in April 2011 at Tally, we were doing 70 lap stints at 58-61 seconds per lap. We were using the US KR449 medium this year, and it performed and held up just as well as the UK 6680's that we ran during the race last year (2010)

3. Me and Jessie Ringley tried them this past weekend and we both had the same feelings/experience...they started sliding earlier in their lifespan than the UK tires and when they did, the rear went more sideways, instead of spinning/slipping while still driving you forward like the UK's do.

Do they require any setup changes when coming from the UK?

Or maybe we didn't have the right compound? (we were on Mediums and it was hot as hell).

Or is it that we have just gotten spoiled by being able to "grab a handful" on the UK Ntecs damn near any time we wanted and still have the tire grip and drive forward?

I find it odd that others have had excellent success and results with them and say they are just as good as the UK Ntecs, but he and I felt as if they just weren't up to par (we both took off US Slicks with a good bit of rubber left on them and installed UK's). So im wondering what we did (or didn't do) wrong.

4. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I tried a set of US made slicks (take-offs) and they worked great. I couldn't really tell any difference between the UK and US models, but mine were take offs. I think finding the right compound will be the key to longivity and grip. SO glad to see a better priced NTEC that still has the incredible side grip. :up:

Also, don't discount the GPA front, I use the hard compound almost exclusivley and love it.

Ken

5. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

tires

I tried dunlops and didn't like them they are to stiff for me pirellis all the way for me.