1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Conti vintage tires?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Linker48X, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

The story on Conti tires in the new online RRW mentions Conti's new vintage tires, and they must be brand spanking new-- very little is out there yet on the Internet. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything or even know who will handle them. I need two new sets of KR 164/124's, and I am just wondering about the alternatives.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There is a discussion regarding them here:

http://www.k21.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3748.0

I've been using Heidenaus this year and I would recommend them. Very good grip, they do move occassionally but it is very progressive and it never feels like they're just going to let go or grip suddenly and high side you, they seem to wear well and the price is pretty good too.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

buffs guys all use contis.

4. BikerRoni

BikerRoni Well-Known Member

I like em'. Dennis Kirk has a good price, but be prepared to wait.

5. Linker48X

Dennis Kirk has the ContiRoadAttack 2 Classic Race radial? When I searched the website I came up empty.

6. BikerRoni

BikerRoni Well-Known Member

Try Part #543950 and # 543951. Thats the part # I used on my order over a year ago. See what happens.

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I was looking at some 16" that they just brought out too...

8. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

9. Linker48X

10. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Paging Buff for a set of Conti Attacks. Please PM me.

11. 70yamahaR5

Anyone on the beeb a Continental dealer before I just order somewhere online?

12. footwork

Sorry - I will be very shortly but it has not happened yet- I will def. let everyone know when I will have tires available. Prob not until December- just in time for 2013. Stay tuned

13. 70yamahaR5

Cool, looking forward to that. I just need a set for GNF.

14. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Are these street tires??? I thought Conti Attack 2 were street tires? Buff, what was on Russells bike when I rode it at Tally?

15. footwork

Wayne- call em what you want, yes they are DOT tires. They are not 3 years old by the time you get them either! They are the tires that were on Russells bike, they are the tires Ari Henning used to blister Barber last October to the tune of 146.0xx seconds. I had them on when I won the AHRMA F500 race at Talladega in June also.... they are the real thing... I am not a dealer yet but I will be shortly. We are awaiting some new sizes to be available in the USA.

16. Moore007

I didn't need all that. If I bought some I wanted the buy the correct ones, chill man.:beer:

17. footwork

all what? :confused:

18. 70yamahaR5

19. Moore007

thanks Rick, an answer.

20. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012