1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2 smoke advice

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Heartsofoak441, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

I am getting an 89 NSR250 this week as a winter project, I will be storing it in unheated detatched garage what precations do I need to do to winterize this thing. It runs on Leaded gas Do I use a lead additive to normal gas or do I try to find somthing else.

Any advice

Thanks

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

just buy leaded gas. I believe VP C12 is leaded. I would store it without fuel in it though.

3. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

Cool My Hawk runs on C12 anyway, If I store it without gas is there any problem with the tank Rusting ect.

4. dand

dand Active Member

No, I won't rust. I have a TZ125. I think the oil in the gas keeps it from rusting. My manual says to store without fuel. If you're worried about it maybe put some pre-mix in the tank and slosh it around. But I think you'll be fine without doing that.

Running C-12 is a good safe bet. I would stay away from leaded aditives. You can't be sure what octane you're getting it up to, or what effect they will have on the timing needed, etc. Lots of unknowns.

Cool bike, good luck with it.

Dan