1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never raced with WERA but have plenty of experience at a certain track

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bergs, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Wondering how licensing/ participation would be handled in a situation where a rider has not ridden with WERA but has prior experience at a given track.

Long story short:

I want to race at VIR next year and I wanna do it with WERA however I currently hold a CCS license. I am currently licensed as a CCS Novice (or CCS/ LRRS Amateur, however you wanna look at it)

I'm in NH so holding and annually renewing a WERA license does not make sense for me as I do not wish to renew multiple licenses to be able to race only a couple WERA events a year.

How exactly is the Prov Nov status managed and are there any limitations other than wearing a bright-fkn-orange vest?

How are signups handled in these instances?

How are contingency sponsors processed/ submitted?

Anything else I might be missing?

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

i dont think there is a contingency for a pn. you STILL have to buy a WERA license to race one race. sign ups are in the mornings of your race as is tech.

im sure mongo will be here soon

3. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Regarding contingency, not concerned so much with race purses (hey, I'll take what I can get) but more concerned with tire money than anything......it's always about tire money. lol

Sounds like no pre-reg or post-reg for race signups

I'll have to review the WERA tech guidelines but I'm pretty sure the bike meets all requirements

4. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

Chapter 7

2. Have a current, valid WERA Competition License or other racing license designated as valid at a particular race. Only WERA Licensed riders will earn points toward an invitation to the Grand National Final. WERA will allow racers with the following current licenses to participate in two WERA events before said racer is required to purchase a WERA membership: CMRA, RACE, WMRRA, OMRRA, CRA, USCRA, VRRA and AHRMA. Riders who participate in WERA events with another race organization’s license ARE NOT EARNING WERA POINTS. Points are only awarded to racers with a current WERA License. Contingency awards are only available to racers with a current WERA license. Endurance team riders must all have valid WERA licenses.

5. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

^^

Yeah I got that but does that mean I don't get WERA-specific money for podiums or my results can't and/ or won't be submitted to my contingency sponsors such as Continental?

Regarding the section you have posted, I don't see CCS in particular in the list of honored licenses but what designates a non-WERA competition license as "valid"? Is it case by case?

Gonna go thru the rule book once again but I don't think I've missed anything hence this thread...

:)

6. Kyle827

Contingency awards are only available to racers with a current WERA license. This part is specific in the rule.

Reguarding CCS I cannot answer that, I just know its not listed but that is something for Mongo to answer not me :D

Easiest would be the get a license, you probably already qualify to just get a novice status.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - first you wouldn't be a PN. You'd be whatever you are with LRRS. You can buy either a full year license or a weekend only ($110 or $30). That's really all there is to it.

8. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Well now that I see it in boldface I clearly understand it.

:D

Which would render me a WERA-licensed racer which means contingency results can be submitted?

I just want to have a very clear understanding of how it gets handled before I drive 860 miles.

Is it really as simple as "show up, pay for race entries, pass tech, win, go home"?

9. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Yep... Everything is simple except the bold part... :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it's that simple if you're fast, if not then some areas may be a little tougher :D

11. Kyle827

Smartass :clap::D

12. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

If only my motorcycle and its rider were as fast as my keyboard...

:)

Sean, do you need advance notice for this or do I just pick a date and go?

I'm not gonna lie, the simplicity of riding with WERA as it is being described to me here is almost too good to be true.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pick a date and go basically. No reason to make it complicated.

14. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Okay. See you in 2012

15. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

Bergs, Let me know when you want to go. ill go down with you and guide you through it. wera is really easy to get setup with.

16. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Sounds good and thank you