1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Race A Bike.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Richard Lesher, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

...... that you are committed to selling.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Maybe I will make the crash page.

2. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

What'd you do?

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i think he crashed. {silly} :p

4. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

sorry to hear that.

I was tempted to take my 7rr ( that i just finished street prepping) to the track this weekend but decided against it. Now I know for sure it will stay in the garage, covered, and still for sale.

Good luck and hope its cheap to put back to Sale/Street form.

5. Richard Lesher

Well, it is my opinion that someone rear ended me while I was at full lean. The tire marks along the top of my tail section, gas tank, and what is left of my windscreen are telltail signs:rolleyes:

I remember there was the sound of tires screeching (I am guessing it was the guy behind me braking), then not a split second later my head smacks the ground, and off I go. I tumbled A LOT. One corner worker said it was eight times. I don't know if it was that many, but F#CK, it was a lot.

This was at Sears Point this weekend in the first race of the day just after the half way mark. It was 600 Superbike. I had just passed a guy at the bottom of T1 and while on the charge up to T2 just before the transition to make the right turn it happened.

I was on a roll. The entire weekend every track session I had a new lap time. This was the first time I was on the AMA verion of the Sear Point layout, and was just starting to really get use to it.

My current bike is completely STOCK 1997 F3. So now that I am getting the hang of things I am working too hard staying with guys on 99+ models. So this was my last race on this bike. This of course locks in my decision :eek:

Funny thing is now, that I have announced my bike was in a crash (becasue I posted it for sale on some boards before the crash), MORE people are interested in looking at it.

Works for me....

6. EMathy

Hah! No sh!t Sherlock. :p

Details was what I was after and details is what I got. :D

7. EMathy

Well, that sucks!! What're you going to race next year, then? Another 600?

8. Richard Lesher

Yep, I am selling all my toys, and making room for a new machine. This is my second year racing, and now I am ready to move up.

It will be an R6. A 2003 would be nice, but I will never race an off the show room floor bike (a waste of money).

I am hoping just getting another 20+ HP over my CBR will give me 5 seconds (on a 3 mile course). That is like 20 positions on our grids. Then I will have the suspension professionally done on top of that.

9. EMathy

Ah! Sweet! That'd be alllll right.

20 positions? You know, I did hear that the AFM grids have been huge this year. That's good to hear.

That means you'll be around in Bay Area next year and not on the East Coast or the South racing WERA?

10. Richard Lesher

Thats right

Yes, we have large grids, and sometimes people are on WAIT LISTS, and a number of people don’t get on the grid. I don’t me like 1 or 5, I mean like 10 or 15. Mostly the 250 production class, and the 600 Superbike class. And there are only THREE opportunities to get a race license each year with AFM, and even that doesn’t restrict the inflow. But you could get a CCS license and just jump ship.

With CCS out here now there is at least some additional race opportunities. But only a few of the AFM fast guys race with them.
    The AFM #1 plate is a whole differnet thing compared to the CCS #1 plate.

So there are enough trophies for all with CCS :)

I also know pretty much every place there is to race at the club level in the United States :D

I am in grad school right now, and when I am done with that there will be NOTHING holding me to the area. So if I get a cushy job anywhere east of CA I could sell my condo and get a kick ass place comparably, and then race with you guys or whatever other club is near by.

I only found WERA because I was interested in a job, so I did an internet search to see if there was racing close enough to it, and there you guys were :D

When looking for a job always ask yourself question #1:
    Is there motorcycle racing within 2 hours.

I have 7 races a year within 120 miles of me. I get the impression that is better than most of you guys. California ROCKS!!!!!!! And if you go far enough north they welcome tree huggers with shotguns :) We are really like three different states.