1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by heavy penny, May 3, 2008.

1. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Had my first laps at Nelson over the weekend, as well as my first race ever. Weather was crap this weekend, but still enjoyed the track. I definitely had fun riding it, but it was a little scary in a few places. For example, the high speed kink off the back straight that is about as bumpy as a fat girl's butt. You kind of got to just lean, loosen your grip on the bars, and hope you don't get a headshake going through there.

As one of only two tracks in Ohio it would be great to see a layer of fresh pavement at Nelson. Its a fun little track.

2. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

As one of only two tracks in Ohio it would be great to see a layer of fresh pavement at Nelson. Its a fun little track.[/QUOTE]

Fresh pavement would mean much faster speeds requiring many other changes that they don't want to spend money on, mainly the moving or removal of the goodyear rubber fence. OR it would be SO much more dangerous those of us who risk it now might even think twice.

Sooner or later that Dick Lepplar bridge is just going to collapse onto the front straight.

3. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Don't know that I would consider potholes a safety feature, but to each his own I guess.

+1 on the bridge though. We made it over with a full size van loaded with two bikes and gear pulling a 6x12 loaded with another bike and gear. We made sure to wait in between races though, just in case.

4. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

nelson is a little ghetto... but the layout is alot of fun..

just tunnel your vision and ride within your limits... the fastest i went around there was like1:08.8xx and had to change my underwear after :D

5. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

Everything that went to Nelson came back decorated with Mud, the truck, the trailer, the bike, the dog, Doug.

It was a fun weekend, unfortunately, the bike did not cooperate.

It had been a while since I was at the track in the rain. Race weekends are always an adventure.

Michelle

6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

it seemed worst than last year running the same pace, I must be getting older.

It felt fast but the times tell differantly.

7. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

What was the weather like on Sunday? The leaders lap times (1:08.899 CSS) are slower than last year but seem too fast for wet.

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

it was chilly.....bumpy, and im sure all previous rain didnt help...

9. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

mid 50's I think, the sun was out but still chilly. I was sweating my nutz off though....holding on for dear life.

10. Rippin Griffin

Rippin Griffin Well-Known Member

Sunday had clear skies, not a drop of rain all day, and the sun was shining all day too. It was cool but I even got a slight bit of sunburn on my face, lips, and arms.

11. RJH_5150

RJH_5150 Well-Known Member

Other than everything I own being wet I had a great weekend. I think I hate the place so much that I like it. If that makes any since. I could handle a little more pavement/gravel in the paddock. The inside of my trailer is brown from tracking mud in it all weekend.

Is there a change with the half way flags? I just check the rulebook and didn't see anything. I've never seen them displayed unrolled before.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Personal preference on the starters part, some think unfurled has a bit more visibility.