1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbor Advice

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Jun 15, 2016.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Speaking of stealing people's shit, how did my reply end up here???

I'm in the arm, document and avoid camp. Fuck that dude.

2. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I absolutely understand that the only real solution is to move. But that is going to take between 60-90 days to organize at least. I am concerned about the interim.

3. t500racer

OK, so as someone who hasn't shot anything in twenty-five years, what would you recommend for a home defense type deal that will not break the bank and hopefully will never be used?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

A scythe, a black robe and a white mask.

charles and throwdown like this.
  5. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

6. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

While that may be true, the thread posted on the beebs about it likely won't be a short blurb. Rather, I estimate that thread will be about 50-100 pages of brilliant hindsight regarding how you could have avoided the whole situation ... none of which, oddly enough, will have been shared with you in this thread. In keep with that spirit, I think you should make a pecan or pizza pie (your choice) and invite your neighbor and Robby-Bobby over ... and let the Carillo rods fall where they may.

I'm not in the "arm" camp, especially since its been 25 years since you've had anything. How often do you hear reporters saying "... and just days earlier the assailant had purchased a gun"? Rest assured, "Lenny" will be painted as a harmless, mentally handicapped person ... you, who just bought a gun days earlier, a premeditative hunter. If you really feel the need to arm, I'd go nothing more than a tazer.

A civil protective order (restraining order) is also not a bad idea, but that depends on the law in your jurisdiction. Also, as someone mentioned, "Lenny" is likely to view it as an escalation. Consult an attorney in your area if this is a route you want to take. In my jurisdiction, on just these facts alone, I cannot see a one being issued.

Assuming nothing escalates, I'm in the "be very vigilant, document everything and avoid" camp, at least until you can find another place or things calm down (or things escalate). Keep your doors locked at all times. Keep common items you might find in a house, which could also be used as a weapon, within reach (do you play baseball?).

What about his mother, can we assume she is just as batty as he is?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    t500racer likes this.
  7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You already have had the police come out. That's documented. If you're that worried over it, see what the next step is. Restraining order or trespassing notice. Let the cops handle it. If he shows up after that, call the cops. Done and done. You need to go through the legal process.

I don't know what state you're in but I'd guess you aren't in a stand your ground one.

8. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

:crackup:Your best work in a while right here, Dave. Had me LOLing in my office at work.

9. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

If this neighbor has fixated on you as the focal point of all his problems and has no problems with his other neighbors you seriously need to consider moving away from this situation . I'm thinking that if you don't move you will seriously wish you had in the near future. bill and darethea

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Karate lessons!

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

[​IMG]

12. t500racer

I have never met her. She is nearly invalid. Meals on wheels delivers to her and I know the county sends someone out several times a week, possibly to check on her? I was tempted to stop one of them and let them know my concerns, painting it in the light of her welfare. My other neighbor told me she has heard him screaming at her, though I never have.

By the way, the first sentence of your post may be the most cogent thing ever posted on the BBS. Thank you.

13. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

A mentally unstable person has a fantasy fixation on you. The neighbors knew he was stewing over you and yet, said nothing to you because they were afraid over how YOU would react. That doesn't sound like a good place to live. Move, and be quick about it.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

F'in NYers..can't take them anywhere. :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  15. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

^ Just notices it says seven codes but there are eight...

If you are going to arm yourself, 12 Gauge. If he comes back restraining order, escalation already happened when the cops showed up.

16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

New Jersey?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well...Not sure NJers are allowed to move to any other state.

ToofPic likes this.
  18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You obviously don't know I also ride motorcycles and race with wera? Bring back my portable grill
    my yard trolls,and my solar powered patio lights fucker..I know you did it! Just admit it!! Sumbich..
    I will beat hell outta your door! You got my shit I pawned! The voices said you did,and I aint walking
    too far,so its gotta be you :D

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Document everything, film it when you can, call the cops. That's all you can do really.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does he own any guns? If he does NOT, have some fun with his insanity.

Dress in a pink tutu, welding goggles and high top chuck taylors and do karate while yelling "I'm the ninja princess!"
    Get one of those two piece horse costumes and have your house mate in the front and you the rear but seperate. Have him chase you around the yard yelling shit like "We can't win the Kentucky derby as a two piece!" and "Four more midgets and we can be a trojan horse!"
    You and your room mate dress as pirates, paint X's all over the yard, dig up your yard in multiple places and say shit like "You lost the damn map, how are we supposed to find our booty without the damn map?"
    Get the canoe out of the garage (there's one in there ya' know), put it in the yard, stand in it for hours and hold a spear. If he asks what you are doing tell him you're hunting the white whale that took your leg.
    Hire a bunch of midgets, give them sombreros and chase them around the yard with a giant butterfly net while yelling "I'm with the INS and I'm sending you f@ckers back to Oz!"

Out crazy the crazy.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    JTW, Knotcher, V5 Racer and 7 others like this.