1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to find Kaw kit throttle parts

Discussion in 'General' started by thebrieldeal, Sep 27, 2018.

1. thebrieldeal

thebrieldeal Active Member

Does anyone have any clue who might have the throttle cables for the Kawasaki kit throttle on my 05/06 zx6?

Part numbers were 54012-0160 and -0161

I love this throttle but my dealer did a search and only found a single pull cable on the database.

I am a bit bummed. This thing is awesome and I would prefer to keep it over the MP set up but MP wants a lot of cash to recreate the cables. That bums me out.

Anyone who has any clue where I might source this thing out would be doing me a solid. I put this in general due to it being a general question about finding what seems to be obscure parts.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

3. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Call MSS performance in the UK. If they can’t get them custom make the cables yourself with parts from domino or venhill.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I used to buy Kit velocity stacks that were used on 04 ZX6's.
    Kawi stopped selling those in 2008.
    So I doubt you'll be able to find any.
    Jason would be someone who might have them.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So instead of having cables made expensive from MP, why not just get the whole assembly from MP?

6. thebrieldeal

thebrieldeal Active Member

Turns out Ferrell actually had a set darkening a shelf somewhere in their shop. They were elated to sell them to me and I am elated to buy them.

In regards to why I don't just buy the MP? Well the honest truth is that I love the split cable setup. Look at a bunch of actual factory superbikes and you will see that a lot use the billet housings with wide cable gaps... They run the brake lever between the cables to tighten up the bar clutter. This was exactly how we did it many many (did I say many?) years ago when I had access to things like this freely.

Can I get the same performance out of a MP? I am sure I can. I just wouldn't be all that happy doing it. It feels too.... generic? It's mostly a nostalgia thing for me.

Thats the cleanest picture I can find of the set up.

Attached Files:

G Dawg and Robby-Bobby like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good deal.

8. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

After wrecking two sets of MP cables from crashes and having to buy an entirely new unit because MP refuses to keep replacement cables in stock I went to a domino XM2 throttle and never looked back

9. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Call Attack Performance, they have a shit load of Kawi OE parts and Kit parts