1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some Nissan help

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Nov 10, 2022.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

So I have a 2019 Nissan Altima AWD with the new PR25DD 2.5l engine. I am looking for spark plugs for it, but none of the major manufacturers seem to show one for it. The Nissan part number is 22401-6CA1C. I live over an hour from the nearest Nissan dealer, and our shop is an NGK dealer, so I was hoping to find an NGK since I can get them cheap. Anyone out there have any idea what the Nissan number will convert to?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No cross in NAPA’s system.

backcountryme likes this.
  3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yeah, looks like I have to get some from Nissan. Weird really, it isn't like this is a brand new engine.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Denso 3529 pops up on Rockauto as a replacement, but not in stock.

EDIT: OEM looks like the only way to go at around $20 each. very strange indeed there's not other replacements

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Its cuz its a nissan. Sell it and get a car that will last....

7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Best help I can give you with a Nissan is to advise you to get rid of it as soon as you possibly can.
    Seriously.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Typically the CVT will start whining and slipping long before the spark plugs are worn out.

But seriously, how many miles do you have on it? New engines are very easy on modern plugs. They last a long time.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Unless its a turbo 4 ...

Our Mazda has a 40k mi service interval on the plugs. Do your research. :p

90kacoupe likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

No help on the parts search....but I did have one of these as a rental car 2.5 years ago. It was an awesome car. I put 4k miles on it in 10 days, got amazing gas mileage, comfy, drove great. Good luck in your parts search.

11. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

So I talked with my Dad who works in the engine dyno labs at Nissan.

He believes the reason you are having a hard time finding a plug at a parts store was due to Nissan trying to start indexing their plugs. He was thinking they tried it on that engine for a few years and then quit because it didn't make any noticeable difference. Try looking for plugs for other year Altimas with the same engine.

Phl218 and Razr like this.