1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need ideas for transporting 10-12 fat tire e-bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 12, 2023.

1. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

2x4 with line set insulation for padding
    You will have to put the second in like saw horses so you can remove it. Or the like
    My 2¢

upload_2023-9-18_0-25-39.jpeg

motion and Phl218 like this.
  2. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Ive been thinking about this for awhile.
    Since they are e-bikes they should be transported so the batteries dont get damaged, explode and set the county on fire. It’s a very real possibility in a dry summer.

This is how I would proceed.
    1) Line the bikes up next to each. One bike backward one bike forward. So for 12 bikes a total of 6 would be facing forward and 6 backwards but alternating.
    2) Take a long heavy vinyl coated cable with a loop at each end and feed it through the frames. You may have to measure this to get the right length cable.
    3) Bring both loops to the back of your tow vehicle and lock them to the bumper hitch loops.
    4) Drive at elevated speeds down the highway and drive off the nearest bridge in California. Be sure to jump out of the vehicle before the vehicle and the shit e-bikes go flying into the river below.

Just say’n That’s what I’d do.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm just selling the moto rental portion.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This is what I'm thinking, except a fabricated aluminum structure in stead of 2x4s.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I appreciate the thoughtful response! I'm trying to set something up starting next summer that will see me transporting bikes at least twice a week, so yes, hoping to get the process as efficient and safe as possible. Setting up something so 1 person can do it is key.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Do this!!!
    piles-of-old-bicycles-E889P0.jpg

Phl218, Sabre699 and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Solved.