1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help race prep 06 gsxr 750

Discussion in 'Tech' started by davidcycle, Sep 22, 2007.

1. davidcycle

davidcycle Well-Known Member

Trying to get my bike ready for summit point next weedend. 1st time doing a wera event usaully runs with ccs. question is there are 2 flat allenbolts with copper gaskets on the right side of the oil viewing glass. can i just silicone them or must they be wired.

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

WIRE, you are at your home or work prepping it WIRE IT PLEASE.

if you run ccs, you need to wire a whole lot more than that!:crackup:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  3. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

4. Handicapped Racer

i know i was pulling his leg.

oil galley plugs you can silicone, the rest needs to be wired. Since he's doing it now, no reason why it shouldn't be.

5. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

I'm a little slow today. Shoulda known you were joking from your CCS wiring comment, LOL.

6. davidcycle

davidcycle Well-Known Member

handicapped racer maybe your name should be handicapped joker. thanks for your speedy advise.

7. Handicapped Racer

:D

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Pretty much RTV every bolt you see at the front of the engine, behind and below the headers.

RTV brake pad pins, safety wire axle’s and pinch bolts, brake caliper bolts, exhaust mounting hardware, etc. Check the rule book for more info.

I race with CCS too and their more concerned that you have your number on your helmet then if your bike is going to kill you because the axle bolts come loose. :rolleyes: