1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Identifying F2 Aftermarket Parts

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JNSRacing, Jun 15, 2012.

1. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

I have a few parts that I will likely be picking up from a member of another forum - he's doing a very kind thing, by giving me a very nice price that my over budget-under funded-poor-broke self might be able to manage soon!!
    Anyway, I'm the kinda guy who wants to know exactly what parts are on my bike - one of the items is a 4 into 1 race header, that will likely be an improvement over stock, for sure, but still, I am curious as to what type the header is, since in the days the F2s were "killing it" at the track, I rode Yamahas, and was not familiar with the F2s. The header is not a Yoshimura, Danny at Yosh R&D answered that for me.
    I'm anxious to get it picked up, but would really like to know what it is first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second item is a Fox shock, which I believe proceeded the Twin Clicker for the F2 - I am curious which model of Fox shock this is.

[​IMG]

I know the pics aren't the highest resolution, but do your best, gentlemen!

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

pipe is a D&D from the looks of it. may have a different canister on it. Its a 4 into 2 into 1.
    Hard to tell if its an F2 or F3 pipe. the header will come out more on and F2 than an F3. But a good one no less. Shock is a Fox early for an F2 by the looks of the spring on it. Its will work good. Good luck and have fun. Hope this helps.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6
    2nd Sucks Racing

3. JNSRacing

Thanks for that VFR#52, I appreciate it...and yes, the can is different - it's a Yoshimura RS-3, which is quite fortuitous, because the can I will be using is an RS-3 Carbon Fiber oval, so, I'll be able to bolt and go!

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Looks more like a Two Bros.

I have 2 of those systems and that looks exactly like both of mine.

5. JNSRacing

Two Bros, huh? Works for me...are yours stainless, or mild steel? I won't know on these, until I get 'em and polish 'em up.

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

mild steel I believe,but mine look exactly like that one does

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

well heres a info tip for you. most everyone copied D&D pipes! LOL The Two brothers i had was different in the mid section. may be a later model as they where always making better new ones. I know Vance and Hines was a direct copy of D&Ds pipe. But non the less you have a good one to use. mild steel or stainless just depends on how much the cost when they where purchased. The first two brother pipe was a copy of the HRC pipe with there logo on it. Its worked too! Good luck and have fun.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6
    2nd Sucks Racing

8. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I agree it does look like the 2 brothers. It may also be a fast by fericci. I know I spelled it wrong. It does look kinda like the one on my bike. Good luck.