1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Georgia recommendation

Discussion in 'General' started by RonR, Mar 17, 2023.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

This is kinda last minute but I need to find a decent place to spend the night near Wrens GA. Need two room’s hopefully around $100 each. I know there’s a lot in Augusta but I believe like any city it has its good side and bad. I’ll be getting there around 6pm tomorrow so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ron

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'd like to help but I don't know anything about the area.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Try Thomson, GA. You aren't going to find much at $50 per night with Masters coming up. Hell, you won't find much at $50 any time.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    gixxernaut likes this.
  4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Well Thomson isn't far from Wrens (20 miles) and there's a boatload of hotels at the junction of Washington Road (US 78) and I-20. I grew up in Thomson FWIW.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Around a $100 each is what I posted. Not sure where $50 came from but you are absolutely correct. I wouldn’t want to stay in a place if you could find it that was only $50 a night. I did see Thomson had a few. Just hard to get a search that doesn’t bleed into Augusta.
    Thanks

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is actually a place in Wrens...don't recall the name.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Western Motel - Wrens
    Express Inn - Thomson

Once a Wanker.. and Razr like this.
  8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

So a follow up. Stayed the night in Thomson. The Quality Inn was rated to be good and was a hundred less than Hampton in. It was a total shyt hole so we went straight to Hampton and actually got a late night discount. The town itself was good.
    Thanks

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hampton is usually my choice.

Once a Wanker.. and R Acree like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We've stayed at Drury Inns a couple times in the last year or so...they are at least on par with Hampton.