1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need front wheel oil seal help

Discussion in 'General' started by Mud Whistle, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I'm putting a R1 front end on an XS850 for a cafe project and using the stock XS wheels. Using RC51 bearings allowed that to be a pretty straight forward swap but the problem I have is oil seals. One side of the wheel will accept the RC51 seal no problem, but the other side has a counterbore for the speedo drive so I need a different oil seal. Any websites that give oil seal dimensions by bike model? Parts guys who can help? I need a seal that is 56mm OD x 30mm ID x 8mm W.

2. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

3. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Brain fart... I measured the seal, decided it was 29mm ID but couldn't find that. Found the 30mm ID though & thought that might work if needed. I just looked at the p/n and it is in fact a 30mm ID. And I even put 30mm in my OP... <shakes head, walks away>

Thanks

4. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I admire the project. I have a 78 XS750 that I bought new, built and raced as a Superbike with a 920 kit, cam, smoothbores etc... They were cool bikes.

5. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

On some bikes the speedo drive is the the seal, like a SV650. The speedo drive has a oring.