1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need for Speed

Discussion in 'General' started by Gron4, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

A few X-boxers on here.. Need for Speed shit...Whoops Shift, might be the worst "sim" game ever produced! That is all :up:

2. random hero

random hero Banned

I was just about to go buy this game for my 8 year old brother.... is it geared more towards kids, and unrealistic driving experience

3. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Yeah, they tried to make it less arcade, but with the likes of Forza and Gran Turismo they failed. Better then the other NFS's(except the original). The interiors look great!, the engines all sound the same :down:, Road America has some aesthetic abnormalities :tut:...And the driving just doesn't cut it(for myself). I think an 8 year old would like it though....arcade but not over the top arcade. Oh and load times are bad :up:

As you can see from my original post why I kept it to a sentence. I can't explain it real well....Lets just say, the interiors being the way they are, I can't wait for Forza 3!

4. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I'm glad you posted this. I was about to buy it as well. I looks pretty cool in the commercial. I'll just save my money, or rent it at Blockbuster and see how I feel about it.

5. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Yeah, I rented it..Glad I did! I'm sure a lot will like it. I'm a Sim purist. I want a Miata to accelerate like a turtle and an Audi to not sound like a Miata.

6. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Need For Speed has NEVER been about accurate simulation. It's always been arcade-style driving.

7. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

^i think the goal of this was to get away from that stereotype.

apparently it didn't work.

8. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Yes and yes

9. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Any game that gives you points for bumping cars off the road can't be taken seriously as a racing sim.

Need for Speed Shift Sucks.

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i have the nfs carbon still in the wrapper, it came with something i bought never had the urge to open it, still waiting for the new forza

11. Stavesacre

Stavesacre Well-Known Member

We were just talking about Need for Speed Shift at lunch. Trying to figure out wether to get NFS, Forza 3 or GT5. I guess it's between Forza or Gran Turismo

12. tito

tito Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I am waiting for Gran turismo, as I don't have an xbox I am a PS3 guy

13. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

get them all, i almost bought a ps3 just for formula 1, but i dont have alot of time to play it anyway, so i'm sticking with the forza pgr and dirt series

14. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

i was thinking about buying it for the PS3... guess ill just keep playing motogp

15. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

I was a ps2 Gran Turismo Nut! I watched the count down for the original while I was still in High School(Stupid programing classes)...I must say I never thought a game could ever compare...But after getting Forza 2, I must say I am pretty friggin impressed! I cannot wait for tomorrow...Forza 3 demo. The wait of GT5 lost themselves a customer in a game and machine. I never envisioned myself owning an Xbox 360, but what do ya know. :up:

Tourist Trophy for Ps2, I cannot imagine will ever be topped for a Motorcycle sim!

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

any word on a TT2??

17. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Maybe in a year when GT5 is out they will start on it :D