1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED BUYING HELP

Discussion in 'General' started by BOBBY THURBON, Nov 17, 2016.

1. BOBBY THURBON

BOBBY THURBON life's short. Ride hard!

i have a stock '06 R1 with 12k miles. i am now riding better than stock suspension allows. Upgrade existing bike, buy now '16 zx10r or look for track bike in classified??? all input weighs in. thanks

2. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Buy 2013 gsxr 1000 in classified. Thats what I would do. I may be bias since I just so happen to have one for sale in the classified.

3. BOBBY THURBON

BOBBY THURBON life's short. Ride hard!

i'll be honest. that is one awesome set up you have. i have been watching it since you first posted. i am just a little scared of the longevity factor on something that race oriented--based on lack of knowledge.

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Traxxion is running their annual Christmas sale

5. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

What's your experience and skill level?

I started racing on a 2013 ZX10 and I would not do it again or recommend anyone else going that route. I've since moved to 600s and I'm running the same or better lap times on my 104hp GSXR compared to my 180hp Ninja. Using up fewer tires as well.

If I could do it all over again, I'd buy somebodies already built SV650 race bike and race that for at least one season before moving up to something faster. At race pace, even with traction control, the liter bikes are a handful at my skill level.

The new ZX10 is a cool bike, but the OEM suspension on pretty much any Japanese bike is going to need some work before it's really track ready. Some euro bikes are better in this aspect but they usually cost more to buy.

My advice; buy an already built race bike and run it for a while.

If you're particularly fond of your current R1 then I'd think that a good suspension tuner could set you up. Probably would need a new shock and new fork cartridges, same as most other bikes. I just don't think that a 1000 is a great choice for most track riders, myself included.

6. You could buy my 2013 RSV4. It has Ohlins front and rear (the good aftermarket stuff), plus all the other normal race bolt-ons. I have the clear title in hand, it has never been dropped, and only has about 2,600 miles on it. Right now it is in street trim (matte black OEM bodywork), but I have the race plastics for it.

Ill sell it for $10,900 just to get rid of it. That's me taking a $15k loss, and it is hardly even used. But I don't ride it anymore and it is just taking up space. I can send you a full list of mods if you want.

7. Or you could buy my R6. Im selling it too. Id be willing to bet it makes almost the same power as your 2006 R1. :)

For that matter, you could buy my 675R. :)

Im going to get something else to go along with the 1299S, im just not sure what. Either another 1299S, or 1199R, or 959. But it will be another Duc, im pretty sure of that.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

what are you aming to accomplish?

racing, trackdays, still ride it on the street also?

budget? how important is the baller factor?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

'Cum, send me the list, please.

10. For serious?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, obviously not for me. :Poke:

418 likes this.
  12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Daaaaaang.

13. K, ill do that. I thought you were just making up a reason to call me "Cum". :crackup:

dsmitty37 and 418 like this.
  14. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Whadda ya want for the 675r, and has all of the crash damage been repaired? PM if you prefer.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

This guy got jokes. :D

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:eek: This is the fucking deal of the decade.

Shit, I might just saunter down to the credit union Monday, that is too good to pass up.

dsmitty37 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

What he said!

18. A year a go i wouldnt have accepted less than $15k for it, because i have $26k in it and it was like new. Nothing has changed since then, other than it has gotten a year older. Since then i have only put like 500 miles on it just riding it to the gym and through the mountains sometimes. I spend most of my time on the Grom.

I only lowered the price way down because it is the offseason and i would like to go in whatever direction i choose to go for next year (F3 800 or 959) pretty soon, and the RSV4 is just taking up space (literally, the garage and trailer are full, i have nowhere to put another bike unless i leave Bacon outside).

BTW - i also forgot to mention that my original plan was to go SBK with it, so it has the lightweight Forged Wheels off the Factory and Brembo T-Drive rotors. Which means in addition to the other mods, it has $4k worth of wheels/rotors on it. I had ordered Triples and Linkage, but never installed them (because I saw the 1299 in a magazine and changed my mind).

Unfortunately, i dont have those parts, nor the OEM wheels anymore, nor any other spares, because they were taken (long story). So i just have the bike, plus the race bodywork (Sharkskinz painted by Swenson). But none of it has ever been dropped/crashed or anything like that. I dont even think it has seen rain. I will let the race bodywork go with the bike all for the same price.

Edit, this is what it looks like right now. Batman wristband isnt included in that price, but is negotiable. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  19. It was just a lowside. I (aka Livengood) already put a brand new complete Driven rearset on (only the peg was messed up, but i change the whole rearset anyway). And it already has a new brake lever installed. The gas tank, etc never touched the ground. It just slid on the footpeg.

The bodywork has some scratches, i havent repaired it yet. The only other thing is that the exhaust can is dented. I raced it like that, so it is functionally ok. But it doesnt look good. Even though i raced it like that, i wouldnt sell it like that. I will put a new can on it.

I really dont know how much i want for it, havent gotten that far. I wouldnt rip anybody off though, if somebody made me a good deal, i would probably take it. Only thing is that all of the OEM bodywork (still new) is at D&D Cycles, i didnt have room in the car to get it while i was there.

20. joec

joec brace yourself

Lol at the slicks on your street bike. Bet that gets you cred at Starbucks.

:D

Lovely machine..dig those pipes.