1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Beeb Help. Plumbing issue...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a fan of the Dos Amber?

2. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

K5 it looks like that clean out is pointing downwards, and will fill up and hold water. Correct? Let us know just how bad THAT smells in a year or two.

The Todd likes this.
  3. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

I was wondering/thinking the same thing.

4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Which one?

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sorry -- I meant got one of the three names right -- it is TractorJumper were talking about here, people.

All are ok. Negra and XX amber have been watered down, but are decent amber lagers on the low-flavor end, and not what they once were (what is?). Pacifico is similar to Corona or XX green, with corn sweetness very low (~10) bitterness and basically no hop flavor. OK hot weather beer unless stale. I miss the old days with Superior, Carte Blanca and mostly XXX dark lager, but that's only when I am sentimental.

IMO Especial or Bohemia (stronger yet) are the beers to go to. People may think that Especial is a run-of-the mill clara. It's not.
    Compare the color, the bitterness (18), the malt/corn character, and the nice dry herbal hop flavor to...Pacifico for example. They are far apart.

That said, find what you like and go with it. :beer:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Modela Negra is the bosses favorite. Agreed on the flavors being more mild but I still like both the ambers especially when just getting a beer with dinner versus drinking the beer for the beers sake.

7. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

UPDATE!

Based on the advice I received from this thread, I rarely ever use the disposal anymore!

I have been using this type of strainer. It has really small holes and they do get clogged with food, etc.
    [​IMG]

Several times a day, they lift right off and I tap it on the inside of the trash bag to empty it.

Now, when I do home brew beer also- I take the grains after steeping the wort, and pour them down the nearby toilet drain. Flushes right down, and these are much larger pipes, with no long horizontal run like this kitchen sink drain.

Problem solved!

It's never even ran slow again!

Thanks for those that suggested doing it this way.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Get a pet rat

The Todd likes this.
  9. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Just saw this, was probably during my ban.

I can't point them any other way really. The floor is right above it and I can't get at it from above.
    This way- already did it once- I can drain it right into a bucket. It smells, just not as bad as sewage/feces would IMO.

It's working.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Glad the problem is solved.

You were banned ?? How the hell can that even happen ?? :Poke:

The Todd likes this.