1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an F3 tach

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Shannon Huffman, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an aftermarket tachometer for an F3. Possibly Daytona or something similar. I may also be interested in a set of stock F2 gauges as long as the tach works. PM me here or email me at [email protected] if you guys have anything.

2. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Tell us about that bodywork on your bike first. :p

3. Shannon Huffman

Secret prototype stuff ..... can't give out my source :D

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Cheater :p

A Daytona tach works well,but they are difficult to see while in action.I had one on my SV,had to take my eyes completely off thetrack to see where it was.Plus,while accelerating,it's just a blur of numbers while climbing the rpm range.

How hard was that bodywork to mount? I know a guy who has a mountain of that gen bodywork I can get for cheap. Hepp some bruthas out dude.

5. Shannon Huffman

Actually, I'm looking for an older style analog Daytona tach with a needle .... not a digital unit.

The bodywork is mostly held on with zip-ties :up: Had to re-drill the holes for the upper to mount to the fairing stay and there's a mount on each side near your knees that are made from some stock Suzuki fairing braces. Basically just some stuff I had lying around and threw on there. Had to trim a little around the radiator area too.

I wouldn't really recomend using it though .... I have F3 bodywork on the way right now. It looks ok on the track I guess .... but sitting still at close range you can tell it doesn't fit very well. It leaves a lot of areas of the wiring harness and frame exposed. Kinda ghetto really ..... :D

6. gsxrgirlie

gsxrgirlie Well-Known Member

bump for my hubby...

7. tadgralewski

tadgralewski Active Member

FYI - you can make an F4i dash work with the F3 (at least the tach, oil, sidestand, and neutral light).

Tad