1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an 08 GSXR 1000 clutch resorvoir cup, do I have to buy a new master?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by LBC#20, Jan 15, 2009.

1. LBC#20

LBC#20 Well-Known Member

Ok, I am working on a guys 08 GSXR1000(which he wrecked) and the only thing I need is the plastic clutch reservoir cup that goes on the clutch master cylinder. It looks like you have to buy the whole MC to get the cup from OEM.

Do any of you guys have one or know an alternative to keep from buying the whole thing?

thanks in advance.

2. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

try a salvage yard. Yoyodyne has cups for Brembo's, they may work. Or post up that you need a reservoir, someone may have one laying around.

3. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

You shouldnt. I bought just a reservoir for the front brake for my bike. Try mrcycles.com, and go to their microfiche. If its listed with its own price then you wont need to buy the whole thing.

4. LBC#20

LBC#20 Well-Known Member

I looked at the microfiche before I posted the problem and it doesn't offer it individually....Thanks for your help anyway.

5. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recco, I work there :beer:
    Ya it shows that it comes with the whole master as an assembly :(

6. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Parts Unlimited #17-659 "might" work. It is a Shindy/repacked Nissin part. $23.95 retail.

7. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  8. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

Have a look at the 07 CBR1000RR one, can be bought as a spare part and a reliable source has told me it fits.

Disclaimer..... I would look and check before buying one :D