1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a service manager / mechanic / race-tech (all same person)

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Wanted: Mechanic / service manager / jack of all trades / baby sitter.
    We have a position in our family. Right now there's just a CRAP LOAD of work but we prefer someone who we can also groom to a service manager position.

ABSOLUTES:
    Motorcycle mechanic / maintenance experience (professional experience not I work on my own bike experience!)
    References.
    Attention to detail.
    Professionalism.

PREFERRED:
    Factory training.
    Race bike experience.
    Sense of humor.

DON'T WANTS:
    Someone who we tell has the job and then a week later on the day they're supposed to start they call an hour after we open and tell us they want to stay at a dealership to continue getting factory trained. (this happened)
    Someone we have to babysit (you're supposed to be the babysitter)
    Whiners (I do that enough for us all)

Pay dependent upon experience but it'll be more than enough to live off of and the opportunity for expansion will always be there.
    Please email resume, or just an introduction and / or any questions to [email protected]
    If you're not interested but think you know someone or are on another cool BBS or group can you please pass this around.

Thank you.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds like a cruel example tantamount to one of Murphy's Laws of Roadracing...
    One has the experience and interest to fill the position, but doesn't have the availability.
    Good luck, Huey!

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Fine!! I'll take the job!! When do I start!? Can I bring hand cuffs for baby sitting??

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Another IF ONLY opportunity-

5. Would I have to work on CX500's?? If not...

6. Huey130

I don't even know what a CX500 is so I'm sure ones never come through the shop. You're safe.

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

CX500 AKA:

Silver Wing
    CX650T in turbcharged form
    NS750 when Jerry Griffith turned it sideways
    POS heavy ass turd by most everyone else

Can I work from home?

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

CX500's are kinda cool in my book. They sound awesome with a set of pipes. That cooling fan though....that water pump....wtf

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Those are the honda-guzzis

10. Huey130

Yeah, we don't get those.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what about the "stator" issues. The "original condition" nazis put a deep cell car battery to keep from opening the engine to replace that thing! :D
    I remember Honda donated a bunch of the turbo ones to trade schools around the US.

12. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

A friend down there near TurboBlew set a Land Speed record at Bonneville on one...I don't know if it still stands.

I was impressed with the record, but more impressed they did it on a CX500.;)

I still don't know how they got around the shaft drive and gearing issues.

Good luck Huey.....great local shop. I hope it works out.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So this sounds like a 100-200K year person in a regular industry, not forklifts or motorcycles, what will they make, 40-60K?

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hard to be humble when you're Stan Keyes. :up::D

15. Yesterday I had to replace the gasket/o-rings behind the front engine cover. When I dropped the radiator pieces of the fan blade just fell out of front. 7 pieces in total. That bike sucks. Worst part was I pulled an s1000 off the lift that I just finished race prepping to pull that pile of shit on. Stark contrast to say the least.

16. 60k in Georgia is like a 100k here.

17. Huey130

;)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The ever kick ass Silver Wing :D Used to ride one as a courier.

19. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

[​IMG]

20. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Charlie, have you ever read the rulebook? There is what seems like 250 different classes for Bonneville!